Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

band adjustment specs on 05 ctd

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 10:14 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: band adjustment specs on 05 ctd

ORIGINAL: sallyman1

what amsoil are you running in tranny and diffs? could i get the name of it or the viscosity? Is amsoil good in a dodget ranny? i heard only atf+4.
I have used Amsoil AFT in every Dodge transmission I've owned for the past 7 years with out any problems. I also used Amsoil 75/90 Severe Gear Oil in my diff's and if tow a lot you could also use either 75/110 or 75/140.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:41 PM
adam05

does any one have the band adjustments for dummies I set mine to the specs and the damn thing wouldn't move, curious as to the thread on the adjustment screw is it left or right hand thread

Old 11-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Factory specs, but use at your own risk....
For a 2005 48RE....

I accept no responsibility if you damage anything

ADJUSTMENT - BANDS
FRONT BAND

1 - LOCK-NUT

2 - FRONT BAND ADJUSTER

The front (kickdown) band adjusting screw (2) is located on the left side of the transmission case above the manual valve and throttle valve levers.
[ol][*]Raise vehicle.[*]Loosen band adjusting screw locknut. Then back locknut (1) off 3-5 turns. Be sure adjusting screw turns freely in case. Apply lubricant to screw threads if necessary.[*]Tighten band adjusting screw to 8 N·m (72 in. lbs.) torque with an appropriate Torx™ socket.
CAUTION: If Adapter C-3705 is needed to reach the adjusting screw, tighten the screw to only 5 N·m (47-50 in. lbs.) torque. [*]Back off front band adjusting screw 1-3/4 turns, for diesel vehicles, or 1-1/2 turns, for V-10 vehicles.[*]Hold adjuster screw in position and tighten locknut to 34 bN·m (25 ft. lbs.) torque.[*]Lower vehicle.[/ol]
REAR BAND

1 - LOW-REVERSE BAND ADJUSTMENT

The transmission oil pan must be removed for access to the rear band adjusting screw (1).
[ol][*]Raise vehicle.[*]Remove transmission oil pan and drain fluid.[*]Loosen band adjusting screw locknut 5-6 turns. Be sure adjusting screw turns freely in lever.[*]Tighten adjusting screw to 8 N·m (72 in. lbs.) torque.[*]Back off adjusting screw 3 turns.[*]Hold adjusting screw in place and tighten locknut to 41N·m (30 ft. lbs.) torque.[*]Position new gasket on oil pan and install pan on transmission. Tighten pan bolts to 17 N·m (13 ft. lbs.) torque.[*]Lower vehicle and refill transmission with Mopar® ATF +4, Automatic Transmission fluid.[/ol]

Old 11-12-2007, 09:35 PM
adam05

thanks some how I couldn't get 72 in. lb. out of mine so I might have to pay some body else to screw it up

Quick Reply: band adjustment specs on 05 ctd