Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 01:01 PM
mikahb
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: leveling kit

ORIGINAL: BlkRam69

Since the last post on this topic I’ve been looking at several different options for the leveling kit. Most are offering a 2” (coil spring spacer) with a pair of shocks for anywhere from $180-$300.

Then I noticed that several guys are running either KORE leveling kits or (mostly) KORE Chase Systems. The KORE system seems to be the better choice as there system actually replaces the coil spring rather than just wedging a hunk of metal or plastic in there.

Any thoughts?

The KORE system looks great but I haven’t been able to find any pricing and have yet to find a dealer here in the Midwest.

Could you guys (Mikahb and Mcohen) give us some feedback?

Thanks
I love my KORE system - ain't no doubt about it. It's a great kit - parts are extremely high quality, shocks are very nice, ride is great even at high offroad speeds. I paid around $2500 for the Chase system on sale. So, it's "substantially" more expensive than pretty much any other option. I had a '97 2500 before I bought my '06, and I beat the hell out of that truck. I jumped it, I beat on it, I ran the dunes with it, etc. That's why I chose to invest in the KORE system. I'm planning to keep this truck for a long time, and I will beat it to pieces too, so wanted to put the right parts on so I can keep it together for a long time.

My advice is if you're looking for the best and spending that kind of cash on your ride doesn't hurt too much, do it. If you're looking just to get the truck leveled and use it "some" offroad, I would probably save my money and get some spacers. Just my $0.02.

Here's a link to the KORE site also - all the info you could ever want about their products. http://www.koreperformance.com/

Old 03-25-2006, 02:56 PM
BlkRam69
Professional

Mikahb,

Thanks for the input!

For anyone out there interested I finally got someone from KORE to get back with me regarding the price for the Leveling kit and the Chase system.

The leveling kit is about $550. Compare that with the others (spacers) at $2-300 and the KORE system would be the better bang for the buck.

The chase system was right in line (a little less) than what Mikahb paid but for 10-11" of travel available in the shocks one could easily take on many obstacles we would normally avoid (jumps....?) and still keep your teeth.

I do have another (2) questions for Mikahb though. I see your running 35"s. I’ve asked this question before in this thread (and others).

1. Tire rub....?

I was hoping to run 35"s as well but I would also like to try and retain most (if not all) of the turning radius. I have an '06 2500 CTD Mega Cab and the wheel base is a little longer than my QC and has taken a little to get used to. I want to prevent making a 3 point turn every time I park.

I checked your pics (Nice Truck!) and correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like your running the stock rims with your tires. I was looking to do the same thing (to save a little coin).

2. Towing...?

Do you tow / haul much and if so hows it handle. The Chase system boasts no change in your available load ranges. This is something that I (and many others) need to maintain.

It’s really great to come in here and get answers (good or bad) to questions. There’s a hell of a lot of dealers, venders, etc. out there that will say anything just to get you to buy! [:@]

Thanks again for your (and everyone’s) input.

Old 03-26-2006, 05:14 PM
mikahb
Rookie

I do get a little bit of tire rub right at lock turning to the right (none to the left). The tire rubs the upper control arm, but not hard or often enough that it bothers me. As far as towing, yes - I do. I've not towed anything heavy with this truck yet, only my car which is around 5500 lbs on the trailer. But, I'm confident the KORE system won't change the towing at all, based on the treatment given to the rear springs. Basically, you remove the overloads on the top of the stock leaf pack, and add helper springs to the bottom. I plan to also install airbags in the back - I had them on my last truck and they were ideal for heavy towing.

Yeah, I am running stock rims. Actually had a set of aftermarket ones ordered but talked with the folks at KORE and they enlightened me about the stock offset of Dodge rims - 6 1/4"!!!! So, any aftermarket wheel you buy is going to have at least an inch less offset, which is bad for bearings and other axle hardware. The TOYO tires I got are E-rated and have incredibly stiff sidewalls, which should also help stability when towing a lot of weight.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any other questions.

PS: If you've never jumped a 1-ton truck, you're really missing out. [sm=gears.gif]

Quick Reply: leveling kit