Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Banks tuner

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 02:04 PM
mjh1019
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banks tuner

New guy here,

Just joined up today and i am looking for some input. Does anyone have any suggestions on the Banks Six-gun? I am looking into to getting one. Also, does anyone know if this tuner voids the warrenty?

Old 09-02-2006, 03:10 PM
jagj52
Rookie
Default RE: Banks tuner

Not real sure about the 6-gunner but I have the Boss Hoss plug and play tuner. If I go to the dealer, I just unplug the wiring from the kit and reconnect the map sensor to its wiring and that is it.... back to factory.

Old 09-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Dodge This
Professional

I am looking at getting a banks set up here soon too. Trying to see if it is worth the $$.

Old 09-04-2006, 08:33 PM
jagj52
Rookie

I went with the Boss Hoss due to the ease of the install. then I was given a different exhaust to put in and WOW!!!! what a difference! The power went through the roof and I gained about 5 more MPG. I do not know how the 6-gunner will work for you because I cannot get it for my application but I had my set up installed in abour 30-45 minutes. Would not give it away!

Old 09-05-2006, 05:46 PM
get2it

The six gun tuner will void your warrantee. The dealer always is against any items that boost up the fuel pressure. I also know forafact that Ford has the banks system pictured in thier detaled dealer warrantee sheet, a freind of mine went through this with his 04 powerstroke. Dodge and Chevy are the same. The only items they allow are intake and exhaust. i had the six gun and likedit but I like my Tst powermax cr better. It can easily be removed with an after market harness that you plug inline when taking it to the dealer. I have this stacked with an Ts Performance MP-8 module. I am also out of warrantee though.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul got it right, the banks tuner is a pressure/ timeing box that relies on pressure way too much and that has the ability to crack injectors or cause them to stick open.

besides you can do better, I also have the TST Powermax CR R37 and I love it, timeing/duration only so it doesnt put any undue stress on components and only adjusts when the injectors open and how long they are open. setting 1/1 is great for strutting around town with an extra 35hp and 60tq, 5/3 and I'm roasting the tires to the point where even a rousch mustang couldnt keep up, and my clutch was slipping the whole way. 7/5 and I'm shutting down intersections from the smoke

but to tell you the truth, check out quadzilla stuff, it does timeing and duration with a little pressure, but only on the higher settings. another one I would tell you to look at would be the smarty tuner from mads electronics, this bad boy has the best 30hp program there is.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:09 AM
mjh1019

The TST is a costly product. I think i will stick it out until I run out of warranty. To bad I purchased the extended!!!

Old 09-07-2006, 03:02 AM
QWKNESS

Not to thread hi-jack but did you consider the Edge products?

Old 09-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TST is costly, however it is a box that you can grow into. add a bigger turbo or larger sticks and most boxes are unusable. with the TST stock any combination that equals 6 is all the manual can handle, and auto's can only handle 4. add a turbo and you can go a number or two higher, valvle body and torque converter / clutch, and you can go higher still. this is why I went with TST. I know at some point in time I'm gunna toss in a stouter clutch and a larger turbo. Plus I got my TST for about the same price as the race version of the quadzilla. gotta love ebay

if your gunna try and keep things inexpensive egde and quadzilla would be my first two choices, but if you have a little extra that you can spend I would highly suggest the smarty

Old 09-07-2006, 10:28 PM
mjh1019

I never really looked into the the quad because I never really heard anything about it. Never looked at the Edge because I have heard a lot of bad things about it. So now I am back to square one!!!

Quick Reply: Banks tuner