Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

so many regulars missing today...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 06:46 PM
kingdog
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: so many regulars missing today...

ORIGINAL: bigmike

Alaskan cruise is in my 2007 plans. Anybody got any recommendations??....season, cruise line, ports to see, etc
We have been with Royal Caribean for our last few times up there and are booked with them again in August 07, This wil be our first trip in the summer time, we are hoping to see more bear and salmon runs, then we have ny going in late May and early June ( although some what less expensive then ) we can noyt wait to get there this August.
I do have a couple of DO NOT DO'S as IMO they were a waste of $$$.

We will not take the whale watching tour again , as although nice < all we really saw were whale tails, and another tour that we will not do agin is the Alaskan Kart Adventure ( sorta a dune buggy 4X4 ride ) , it is fine if you like being on fire roads, and NOT OFF ROAD, but we prefered to off road and see more mud and such,( we are avid ATV'ERS have 4 between two of us) so this was a huge disapointment to us.

Oh yea most important , be sure to get a balcony room

Royal is not the cheapest, but from our experiances it is top notch and they doo treat us like kings.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...false&x=62&y=6

Ralph

Old 10-31-2006, 06:47 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 233 Likes on 217 Posts

Charles, I hear you... however, after working for someone else for so many years and always being under some knuckleheads deadline, I would rather work for myself for a while. I have what I think is a good game plan and it doesnt inlcude sitting around doing nothing... part of my goal is to get to a point where if I want to take a month off, I can... if I want to take a day and go fishing, no problem. I figure I still have about 20 working years left so the hard work hopefully will pay off down the road.

edit: and oh yeah, when I have my own schedule... hiking would probably be in the top 5 of fun things to do... I never get enough of hiking [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 10-31-2006, 06:55 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ralph is right about getting the balcony room. . .or they may call it a veranda. if it says port window it is not the same, you need to have the open area, and not just a port hole.

even though it might not sound right, we are going on a Disney Cruise. yes there is alot for kids, however there is more for the adults.

With any cruise line you are the most important person, if you had a good experience then your gunna tell your friends who may be thinking about going on a cruise and that will push them over the edge. Lorie and I went on one last year, actualy got married on the cruise, and we are going back again this year, that is how much we enjoyed the cruise.

edit: BTW, the food is so good words cannot describe it

Old 10-31-2006, 07:02 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 233 Likes on 217 Posts

ORIGINAL: Drew

Ralph is right about getting the balcony room. . .or they may call it a veranda. if it says port window it is not the same, you need to have the open area, and not just a port hole.

even though it might not sound right, we are going on a Disney Cruise. yes there is alot for kids, however there is more for the adults.

With any cruise line you are the most important person, if you had a good experience then your gunna tell your friends who may be thinking about going on a cruise and that will push them over the edge. Lorie and I went on one last year, actualy got married on the cruise, and we are going back again this year, that is how much we enjoyed the cruise.

edit: BTW, the food is so good words cannot describe it
dude your getting mushy on us again... [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 10-31-2006, 07:09 PM
jakebrake
Champion

To bad they don't have a smiley with a whip. Whitcha Witcha

Old 10-31-2006, 07:16 PM
Drew
Professional

[sm=idontcare.gif]

Old 10-31-2006, 07:26 PM
jakebrake
Champion

I know I know, the last time you had an opinion was a year ago wasn't it

Old 10-31-2006, 07:52 PM
Drew
Professional

I had an opinion a year ago???

thats news to me

Old 10-31-2006, 07:57 PM
jakebrake
Champion

Yeah and she said it was wrong

Old 10-31-2006, 08:00 PM
Drew
Professional

I already know everything is my fault, even before it goes wrong. there is no excuse, and "Just Because" is the answer to everything.

Quick Reply: so many regulars missing today...