Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

so many regulars missing today...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 01:30 PM
jakebrake
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: so many regulars missing today...

man its getting mushy here... who started this... DREW?

Don't worry, he'll be leaving soon

Old 10-31-2006, 01:36 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

hahahahahaha....

man, I want a vacation... working on the damn house for 3 months sucks. finally got it done just last week and had time to do what I want to do over the weekend. felt weird for some reason. kept feeling like I had stuff to do.

Old 10-31-2006, 01:37 PM
kingdog
Professional

ORIGINAL: steve05ram360

ORIGINAL: Drew

I found the best way to get sea legs is to remain in a constant state of mind called inebriation

besides it's our 1 year anniversary cruise. We got married on this cruise last year (actualy this past sunday) and we'll be leaveing on the one year of the ceremony
thats awesome, my wife of 1 year and I went back to where we got married, a place called Wine & Roses in Lodi, CA and got a room that overlooked the site were we got married. brought our photo albums and sat on the deck overlooking the garden area... it was awesome. something we couldnt do on the wedding day since we were flying out at 5am the next morning for the big island of Hawaii.

man its getting mushy here... who started this... DREW?

I've never been on a cruise, how is it? I've always wanted to do one and think one to alaska would be the way to go.

Mushy for sure DREW STOP THIS MADNES !!!!!! !!!!!!!

I had always said that there is no way that I would take a cruise ever, now we go one 4- 6 a year and yea Alaska is the best one for sure, we are heading there again in August of 07 , it is truly the best cruise that we have ever taken.

There are ways of getting cruise deals and I mean deals, you just have to look for them.

Nothing compares to the way you are taking care of on a crusie ( at least that has always been our experiance)
Take one you will not be dissapointed, even on a bad day, it is still great.

Ralph

Old 10-31-2006, 01:45 PM
jakebrake
Champion

Yeah a vacation would be very nice, a holiday would even be nice. I believe the last holiday I got off was christmas eve[:@]. I know I'll get thursday off for thanksgiving but have to work friday and saturday.

Old 10-31-2006, 01:59 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

even more of a reason why I like my job. . .10 payed holidays, sat-sun-mon off, 380 total hours of leave per year. . .I'll shut up now

Old 10-31-2006, 02:07 PM
jakebrake
Champion

I get sunday monday and tuesday off, unless I get called in (work 4-10s wed thru sat.) I also get the holidays paid, but since all of the holidays fall on sunday monday or tuesday, i don't get them off. I just get +8 hours on the paycheck.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:13 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

I heard that the best way to get the most of your cruise is to book way way in advance. (from a seasoned co-worker) he mentioned that if you book way in advance, they will start bumping you up in accomindations. dont know if it's true or not but thats what he claims is his experience.

As for work & time off... I already know i work too much... full time test engineer, part time real estate agent & loan officer. I cant wait for the day when I can get out of working for someone else. been in electronics since high school and i'm kinda burnt out on it so it's almost time for a change.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:13 PM
kingdog
Professional

Self employed for over 22 years, first 19 , not one holiday, then the wife and I decided to heck with the system and live for our selves, so we now try and take at least one week a month off , we do have to be in every second week as only her and I can sign cheques and with nearly 500 employees, they deserve to get paid and we do what ever is rquired to get them their hard earned pays
Ralph

Old 10-31-2006, 03:13 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

sounds like you've been pretty sucessful building your business to 500 employees...

Me?... I want the time off. I'd like to set myself up somehow with passive income (rentals) that can pay for themselves and generate a good amount of income. while I have that flow going, I'd like to switch to real estate full time and target 20~30 deals a year. 24 will exceed my current income, 30 would be awesome. I figure if I work hard during the active months, I'll have parts of the winter off. Mean time the wife is in school full time to become a Radiology tech. 2 months down, 18 to go...

Old 10-31-2006, 04:36 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

I so want to take a cruise to Alaska!

Quick Reply: so many regulars missing today...