Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Decided on getting a 07 Ram with the new 6.7L Cummins

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Nicky B
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decided on getting a 07 Ram with the new 6.7L Cummins

As the title says I'm going to get a 07 QC 2500 CTD 4X4 of course. Not going to get the truck untill the summer for a few reasons, 1. If there are some problems with the new engines they will be known since it will have been out for 6-7months, also to save up some more money. My main reason for getting the truck is reliablity. I want a vehicle that I can put 200k miles on it and it still be running as if it had 50k miles. Another reason is, I love trucks my first car was a 03 Dodge Hemi Ram, my car now is an 06 Charger R/T. I love the sound deisals make even at idle they sound mean. When I order the truck every option box will be checked plan on having the truck for atleast 6-7years so I'm looking at a price of atleast 40k with summer prices. As far as modd's go just a 120HP BullyDog programmer set on the lower level for daily driving and maybe set it to level 5 or whatever for abit of fun, exhaust, and intake. Does anyone have pieces of advice for me? And with the those 3modd's how fast will the truck be as far as the 1/4mile goes? Don't plan on racing but saying it would run low 14's means some serious speed from low 16's in stock form.

Old 11-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Nelspruitdodger
Professional
Default RE: Decided on getting a 07 Ram with the new 6.7L Cummins

Be a "gofer" and go for it. You will love the diesel, and congrats on your decision.

Old 11-05-2006, 08:12 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

I would get an '07 with the 5.9L cummins. I came from a Ford with all that emissions crap on it and I would not want to be a first year owner of that technology. Plus it will be a while before the programmers catch up on the new engine. Just my opinion.

Old 11-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Nicky B
Captain

ORIGINAL: NickBeek

I would get an '07 with the 5.9L cummins. I came from a Ford with all that emissions crap on it and I would not want to be a first year owner of that technology. Plus it will be a while before the programmers catch up on the new engine. Just my opinion.
Yeah I have thought of that but the 6.7L 350HP engine is very inticing. And it would take what a year for a programmer to come out. Thats the break in period by then I'll have around 15kmiles on it. And next summer if their are some strong strong opinions agaisnt the new motor then I'll look for a low mileage 07 5.9L.

Old 11-12-2006, 02:51 PM
jakebrake
Champion

Actually, cummins has put about 3 million miles on their new emission engines. If they are doing it in otr trucks engines, they've most likely done it with their smaller ones.

Old 11-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Nicky B
Captain

ORIGINAL: jakebrake

Actually, cummins has put about 3 million miles on their new emission engines. If they are doing it in otr trucks engines, they've most likely done it with their smaller ones.
So you don't think the new emissions will matter with the new engine? Are you saying dodge is doing all of testing on the new engine?

Old 11-12-2006, 07:11 PM
jakebrake
Champion

cummins is doing the testing. I expect that there won't be many problems at all when the engines come out. Cummins seems to be on top of the changes.

Old 11-18-2006, 02:29 AM
sgoodwin

I was doing some work in Garland, TX at Atlas Compco they build some heavy drilling equipment and have a ton of Cat C-10s. I was looking at their diesel line up and walked by a common rail Cummings. Funny enough the name tag has 6.7L. First one I saw was 6 months ago. Still had same turbo as 5.9L, but Cummins has already had the motor out for over a year. not sure about mods in Exhaust causing any problem? These don't have it.

Old 11-18-2006, 07:13 AM
Hiloram
Professional

Don't know much about these new emissions systems. I was just wondering if you could pull all that crap out put a straight pipe in and really have a powerfull engine.

Old 11-18-2006, 04:36 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

If you go and pull stuff off you will be throwing codes all day long. Also the Cat will have to stay on along with the new trap filter.

Quick Reply: Decided on getting a 07 Ram with the new 6.7L Cummins