Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

What do you use it for?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 03:36 PM
TheWizard
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you use it for?

so what does everyone here use their CTDs for? i assume Daily Drivers but what else? Mud Boggers, Tow Rigs, Show Trucks, what?

Old 11-17-2006, 03:45 PM
ramtradxb
Professional
Default RE: What do you use it for?

Once every few days "daily"... Primarily run errands around town, and then to and from my storage biz a couple hundred miles away every week or so. I know that if I have to move someone's trailer no matter the size, I won't have a problem. But more than anything - just for fun! (I love these Dodge's)

Old 11-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Brent13
Rookie

I bought mine for my truck, my daily driver. I don't even own a trailer. I had always had half-ton chevys, but always wanted a 3/4 ton. The diesel was just icing on the cake. Always wanted one, but never had it. I figure these trucks go for a long time while being worked pulling heavy trailers. Mine ought to last forever the way I am using it. I just wanted a heavy-duty 4x4 with lots of power and room. I've got it now and couldn't be happier. I don't ever see going back to a gas truck. I am currently looking for an ATV, so maybe a small trailer is in my future. These trucks are just awesome in my opinion, especially on the mountain passes in Colorado. They just go like a bat out of hell!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2006, 04:01 PM
TheWizard
Professional

well unless i miss my guess or you get a really big ATV it should fit in the bed of the truck so you might not even need a trailer

Old 11-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Local Yokel
Professional

Daily Driver and to tow my 24' Camper. Once in awhile I might pull a car trailer. I was impressed to hell when I drove my dads CTD and had to have one ...

Old 11-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Mayfair
Legend

It is my daily driver.

I bought a truck because I do aquarium work and I needed something to either haul an aquarium, or a trailer. I also tow my lil toy hauler around during the summer on weekends. Now that my friends all know about my Cummins, I'm constantly asked to haul their trailers as well, though it's really not that often.

We're actually trying to figure out if using a diesel actually IS cheaper what with diesel now going through the roof in costs.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:25 PM
duneschick
Professional

I got mine to show up other boys!!! Just kidding. Pull my 4 ATV's, 6 snowmobiles, TRailers, etc. Oh yeah my 12' plastic boat and my 19' Bayliner. A-ok. But yes- she is my daily driver. And I love her. My boyfriend does same with his Stroker- why we own 2 diesels and no commuter car? I don't know.... I had mine first!

Old 11-17-2006, 05:33 PM
turnkey23

I use my Megacab mainly for hunting trip's and hauling the quad trailer when we go riding.
It's also nice to have a 2nd vehicle that can carry my wife and 4 kids around.
Somewhere down the road it will be used to tow a toybox 5th wheel.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:47 PM
usafr
All Star

to beat the snot outta perckerhead ricers and to get from point A to point B

Old 11-17-2006, 06:09 PM
ramtradxb
Professional

USAFR - you crack me up! "My other car" is a ricer - but I don't get offended. Extremes keep 'em guessing...
Mayfair - don't forget to calc in the longer time between rebuilds along with the improved mileage. I had two gasser 4WD third gen's, and their mileage EMPTY was barely 12mpg - so the additional 2mpg at worse, along with longer duty cycle, pencils out to be worth the additonal 5K purchase price for me...