Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

A crisis of my Manhood

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006 | 11:43 AM
NickBeek
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A crisis of my Manhood

To each their own, but I prefer 4 wheel drive. It's still a cool truck though.

Old 12-11-2006 | 12:16 PM
JDH
Rookie

Go with the 4x4, I was hooked with my first Subaru the f150 completed the addiction.
I had to slip the Dodge into 4x4 this am to go up the ramp in the parking garage, I stopped to take a hack at the tight curve I had underestimeted the back just spun 4x4 it did not hesitate.

I seldom use it it just feels good knowing that you have if. These trucks are heavy and in some soft surface conditions it is absolutly the way to go.

I have driven a 2x past many stuck 4x4, the positraction is the way to go with a 2x or a 4x4.
Here in Houston we dont have a rock and gravel soil it is mud if the mud is deep enough levitation is the only way out. the best thing that can be done to make a truck go is taller wider tires and momentum .

That having been said the measure of manhood is not the truck but the boots you wear, the dedication that you have to your Ideals, family and friends.

jdh

Old 12-11-2006 | 12:18 PM
jengel
Professional

Just slap on a 4X4 sticker on the back. The chicks won't know the difference.

Old 12-11-2006 | 01:18 PM
dixiedodge7369
Professional

my 2 cents is the a 2wd pick up is not a truck but a car with a larger body... 4x4 is a truck
thats just what i think... my moms got a 2wd silverado and i make fun of her all the time..
il pull up nextto her in the big ole CTD and be like oooo loook its a baby truck~

Old 12-11-2006 | 03:57 PM
MrSlug
Veteran

The only reason I bought a 4x4 was to make sure I could get my boat out of the water on crappy launch ramps. I think the dualies look cool regaurdless of 4x4 or not. Just think, no 4x4 means less to go wrong!

Old 12-11-2006 | 04:17 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: countrydoctor

Well, one of the nurses (not one of the nurses on my A-list, I might add) looks at the picture and declares: "Two-wheel drive trucks aren't manly."
IMMEDIATELY bend that skirt over and show her who's da man. Whenever a girl questions your manhood, that pretty much means that they are jonsin for some "manhood".

Give it to her !!

Old 12-11-2006 | 04:30 PM
Batphreak
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Brent13

You asked so I'll give my .02. I just can't figure out the 2WD truck. To me it makes no sense. A truck is transportation, but it is also a tool, and 4WD makes it a much more useful tool. Whether it be used to haul your gear, get you into the woods for hunting, or just to get up and down some nasty, off-road hills. It is also a real piece-of-mind in a snow storm with 4WD. To me, regardless of where I lived, my truck will always be 4WD. A 2WD truck just ain't right.....but I suppose it has only to do with your intended use.
My thoughts exactly. Trucks should be able to drive both ends of the frame. Unless you get a truck with 2 rear axles, then I could see not driving the front wheels.

Old 12-11-2006 | 06:07 PM
jakebrake
Champion

If they have two rear axles, they should have a PDL too

Old 12-13-2006 | 12:49 AM
countrydoctor
|
Rookie

As always, good opinions on both sides. That's what I really like about this forum: people speak their minds without holding back for fear of "offending". So here's mine.

dcxgageman: this ain't quite my mid-life crisis, just needed a new distraction (and something to pull my travel trailer). If I need to smoke tires I can take out my Chevelle. And I definitely DONT need a shrink. That's what I come here for!

Mayfair: I always can count on you to get directly to the heart of the issue. You happen to be right in this particular case. The problem is that this nurse looks NOTHING like your friend in the picture, and she's gone through 3 husbands in the few years that I've known her, so even before I was married there was no way I was going there, even if it was just to prove who exactly is da man. Anyway, the two little letters after my last name prove enough.

JDH: I couldn't agree more. There is no crisis of what I consider my real manhood, because I come home every night tired from doing what's really important, knowing that I'm taking care of my wife and daughter and step daughter. In my line of work, integrity, compassion, and judgement even after not sleeping for 30 hours is the real measure of manhood. I just like to joke about my own quirks, because another important measure of manhood is not taking oneself too seriously. Quiet ego is good, too much ego is just covering something up.

Ralph: as always, the voice of reason. From the fact that I bought the truck you can tell that I valued the benefits of 2wd over the added pull of 4x4, plus I saved a bunch of money and was able to buy an 05 with low miles instead of an older truck with more miles. In fact, your advice on other posts was a very imporant influence on my final decision. For its intended use this truck will be perfect. Anyway, I still have two other 4X4's (Toyota Tacoma, my red snow sled goes anywhere in winter, and Jeep Commander Hemi). As for details, it's an 05 HO CTD quad cab with 6-sp manual (reverse is next to 5th gear, which according to Drew means it's an NV5600), 3.73 posi rear, 28,000 miles, no mods, no frills, just clean and ready to pull.

I guess it's time to update my sig.

Old 12-13-2006 | 01:09 AM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Congrats Doc on many different levels. It sounds like not only did you get a great truck, but you are a well balanced stand up guy too.

Quick Reply: A crisis of my Manhood