Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

new 06, love it but......

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 04:02 AM
moconst
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 06, love it but......

So i paid the 33k for the 06 ctd 2500 bighorn, Love this thing to death but... 2 major complaints. If any one has ideas on how to fix theses please tell.

1 So i hop in my truck, first time shes going to the jobsite (im a building contractor) got my coffe cup ready to put down, then i realize all i have are these little cupholders on the the hump with rubber wings to hold the cups. This is an auto trans so i figured it would have fold downs.

Ok, so i figure i can live with it.

Then on my way to work (45 min drive) my butt starts to ache, im wondering why. then i feel around the seat and notice the big metal support bars of the seat. seat not to thick, or maybe im too thick. either way but hurts for awhile after i get out.

Other than those two things this truck is a mad powerhouse with plenty of room and power for all my needs. Switched over from a psd and glad i did.

So any ideas on cupholders? the ones on the hump are ok but i dont trust them to keep things from spilling.

And the seat, i guess Ill get a cushion.

My conclusion..........DODGE is the best out there, I look forward to your replys.

Thanks for hearing me out, Happy Holidays!

Old 12-16-2006, 11:35 AM
cumminalong
Default RE: new 06, love it but......

Moconst, welcome to DF brother!

I too made the switch out of my SD and couldn't be happier. Much nicer truck IMO. I was sick and tired of fixing / mod'ing crap that just didn't work right from the factory.

I was a little confused at the cupholders too. Not the most convienient things in the world, but........I just found my coffee cup that fits. Oh well.

As for the seat, I thought these were, by far, the most comfortable seats I've had in a truck. I've got the 40/20/40 and love it. I thought I would miss the individual buckets, but these things are really comfy to me.

Old 12-16-2006, 03:55 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

I have all of the same complaints. Coming from the king ranch ford, these seats are like comparing apples to oranges. Skinny, hard as a rock, and just plain uncomfortable. The only reason i went with the dodge is because my wife didnt want another ford right now, bad car accident. I think ford trucks are much more nicer vehicals, but that is just preference. Have any of you seen the 08 ford superdutys? They are a bad truck if you ask me.

Old 12-16-2006, 04:03 PM
sharx ram
Champion

I cant believe they dont have pull down cup holders, that sucks...as far as the seat issue, just look at as your truck getting to know you better [8D]

Old 12-16-2006, 04:48 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

There is a green glow that lights up the cupholders at night. It is only bright enough to know there is a light, not enough to light up anything. It would be nice if you could put in a switch and ad a brighter bulb, then you could have light when you need it, and no light when you dont.

Old 12-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Local Yokel
Professional

I have the same cupholders and I find them to be ok for holding my coffee but they are placed in a horrible location. We have 4 kids and with 3 in the back one in the front, the one in the front has to put his feet right on that console and make the cupholders useless. I have no complaints about the seats at all. Just did the trip down to Atlanta from Chicago and back and not once did squirm do to discomfort ...

Old 12-16-2006, 06:16 PM
MrSlug
Veteran

ORIGINAL: squirtbottle09

I have all of the same complaints. Coming from the king ranch ford, these seats are like comparing apples to oranges. Skinny, hard as a rock, and just plain uncomfortable. The only reason i went with the dodge is because my wife didnt want another ford right now, bad car accident. I think ford trucks are much more nicer vehicals, but that is just preference. Have any of you seen the 08 ford superdutys? They are a bad truck if you ask me.
Much nicer inside? Hmm. To be fair you have to look at price. The Ford King ranch is going to cost you a ton more than a loaded Dodge 350 Larm. You could take those thousands you save and get a custom leather interior.

Also, no way would I want a powerjoke motor. Hopefully Catapillar will improve Ford's rep on Diesels.

Old 12-16-2006, 06:27 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

Actually the sticker on my F250 FX4 Powerstroke CrewCab KingRanch loaded was 52,000. The sticker on my 2500 Cummins laramie megacab 4x4 was 49,950. So there isnt that much of a price difference. And the king ranchs have a much more elegant look. If you could put a cummins in a ford then it would be perfect. I also got a much better deal on my ford than on my dodge.

Old 12-16-2006, 10:43 PM
moconst
Veteran

Well, i can live with the little thngs. Overall love the truck. as far as a light for the cupholders, i picked up this little light that plugs into the cig lighter and has a 3inch adjustable arm with a small led at the end . like a mini snake light and has on off switch. very nice and just enuff light. only 5 bucks.

Thanks again for the welcome, I plan on stickin around. Good to see everyone helping everyone out here.

Happy Holidays!

Old 12-17-2006, 12:32 AM
cookie_monstr
Professional

go to a truck stop and check out their seats..

Quick Reply: new 06, love it but......