Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Don't know anything about 'em....

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 11:51 PM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Don't know anything about 'em....

I don't know what a CTD is....
CTD= Cummins Turbo Diesel, and Welcome to the forum!

Old 01-15-2007, 12:45 AM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don't know anything about 'em....

I use mine as a DD, but it also tows and works. My daily commute is about 18.5 miles each way. When I get there, I shut it down and it doesn't start until I get ready to head home. On the weekends, it tows the ATV's, my Samurai, trailer full of wood, picks up crap at Lowe's / Home Depot, etc. Otherwise it just sits.

Now, I've owned a 3/4 ton from each of the Big 3. An '02 Chevy, an '04 SD, and now this one. Even aside from all the issues I've had with this truck, it is still my favorite, by far. It rides better than both the Chevy or Ford, much better than the Ford. Is much more comfortable and doesn't have the cheap interior feel. To me, it is liveable as a DD, much more so than the Chevy or Ford.

If I'm just going around the corner though, I'll drive my little Focus or the Softtail. I try not to use it if I'm just starting and stopping 2 miles later or farting around town.

I'm not a big fan of starting an engine unless you plan to get it to full operating temp. The CTD takes a little bit to get there. My Focus on the other hand is up to temp before I leave the driveway.

Quick Reply: Don't know anything about 'em....