Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

06 chip ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Lance
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 chip ?'s

i was thinking about buying a chip for my truck...
http://www.xtremediesel.com/index.as...amp;ProdID=725
and i was wondering if anyone with an 06 or 07 has had any troubles with this chip or if anyone has heard of any problems with this or if anyone knows where to find reviews on these things... thanks in advance ..problems with the motherboard specifically and i'm not intrested in installing injectors and i know this will void my warranty
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-26-2007, 05:33 PM
jagj52
Rookie
Default RE: 06 chip ?'s

Waa Waa Waa Lance.. have some ***** and just buy a programmer and go fer it like I did. It all depends on what you want for the truck. You are not pulling trailers or anything like that so it shouldn't make a big deal. Read the different posts here on programmers and use them to help you decide. Everyone has their own opinions and different reasons why they have gotten their programmers. Choose your programmer for what you are going to use it for... you also might want to consider going to www.rokktech.com and looking at their adjustable timing sensor.. it is cheap and easy to install and will work on your truck. It will give you some more power and could possibly improve your MPG, personally I dont know cuz it will not work on my application but get in touch with them and see what they say, hell it is only $70.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:36 PM
jagj52
Rookie

Sorry Lance... saw the name and tought you were LJP_Ely for some reason ... hope I didnt offend you.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Lance

hahah its all good your cool man. what do you mean a programmer though?
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you want Bully dog, hit up http://www.dieselnut.com/I think he is still doing a huge sale that beats the price that xtreem has up.

but bang for the buck. . .TST

Old 01-26-2007, 06:34 PM
Lance

ok sweet. whats the difference between the bully dog power pup i had a link to earlier and a programmer... or are the they same thing?
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the power pup by itself will replace the ECM programming. when you add the outlook monitor it allows you to make on the fly adjustments.

personaly though, I dont like bully dog since I have heard many cases of problems when flashing the ECM or returning it to stock.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:36 PM
MrSlug
Veteran

Too me..

Programmer --go with Smarty and add on gauges. Their support is top notch

Add on Box -- TST or Edge Juice (IMHO).

Old 01-26-2007, 09:05 PM
cumminalong

Not that this subject comes up everyday, but...

How about we put together one complete listing of the different programmers / boxes. One that has whether they are pressure, timing, duration, etc.

Also any reviews by folks that own them.

Dyno numbers would be great, as well as stuff like EGT's that you've observed, tranmission issues, customer service, etc.

A spot that folks can take a peek at and understand the differences, benefits and problems with each.

I know it's a forum, it's about discussion, yadda, yadda, yadda, but it would be nice to see a good breakdown of them, their features and most importantly, personal experiences with them.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Cummin out smoke

Hope this helps. I have a 06' manual. I put the superchip flashpack a week after I got my truck about 6 months ago. Man its awesome. The difference will make you crap youself. But if you have a manual to you will want to follow the chip up with a new heavy duty clutch. When I get on it or have a load on it it will slip the clutch really bad. RPM's will go sky high but the truck doesn't move. If it was me i would put a new clutch in as soon as I get the chip. Im going to get a south bend when i get some extra money. OH by the way the superchip has two setting:towing-not worth buying the chip but doesnt slip the clutch,performance- makes you nut yourself/slips the clutch but is still KICK ***.

Quick Reply: 06 chip ?'s