Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

exhaust help please asap

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007 | 12:49 AM
usafr
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: exhaust help please asap

Once again I'm with Steve. This shop sounds kinda screwy. I went to two different shops, one in Texas to install the Aero, and one here in louisiana to remove the cat and put in a piece of straight 4" in its place. Neither place had any trouble with the pipe.

Old 02-04-2007 | 03:23 AM
htgriffith
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just BUTT it up and weld it. No flaring needed.........That is unless you wont to put the muffler back on one day. Even then you could just cut the weld and gran it smooth then slip it back on..........

Old 02-04-2007 | 06:11 AM
bigassdodge

if you just buy a section of 4 inch pipe will it line up enough to clamp in place or do you have to weld it?
i noticed the muffler on my truck is offset. it comes in low then goes high.

Old 02-04-2007 | 08:07 AM
htgriffith
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at my first post.((((When I did my muffler delete with a 4" pipe I did not bend may pipe. I cut the muffler off and placed the pipe in it's place. It will not line up perfect. You will have a gap. So being that I wonted the tail pipe away from my mud flap I dropped the tail pipe down about 2" and back about 2". The delete pipe then had a very small gap to fill witch was easy to do with my mig welder. When I dropped the tail pipe down this was done with a muffler strap to the very last tail pipe bracket.I did not need to bend anything.Like I said you will have a gap. But a good muffler hand will fill itin.))))

Old 02-04-2007 | 02:46 PM
bigassdodge

ok thanks i will try this. my friend has a mig that he said i could borrow. im just going to do it myself and say **** on that muffler shop

Quick Reply: exhaust help please asap