Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

trucks wont shift

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 11:52 PM
usafr
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: truck wont shift update

I think I'm gonna let you guys go ahead and reinstall the new version and see what happens. Till then I'll just keep my fingers crossed for you. But, that definately explains the problem, I had just updated mine and then had this problem. Boy oh boy,, I sure hope Dodge doesn't get wind of this before they finish fixin these problems.. And what are they doing to fix the problem in yall trucks?

Old 02-28-2007, 12:26 AM
htgriffith
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They will see the stock program in the truck. BUT they will see that it has Manual Trans data and not Auto. They will wonder how this happened and call Dodge. They will say the only way is that you did it with a program. In my case it was that or the lighting thing. I said BS. I do not know what you are talking about with the program crap. I do not have one and do not know what you are talking about. And all the other crap that went with it. They even said to bring my programmer down and they can fix it.I said I do not know what you are talking about. They could not prove a thing therefore fixed my truck. Like I said I had a problem already so it needed fixing anyway.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:29 AM
htgriffith
Veteran

PS. Just think of all the trucks that are going in with this problem. They will and are going to figure it out as soon as we have a RAT open his trap.........

Old 02-28-2007, 02:51 AM
usafr
All Star

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@] Thats why I hope they finish fixin mine before Dodge catches wind of it. Then again, if a whole bunch of trucks come down with the exact same problem, they may just chalk it up to a goofy bug or something.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:01 AM
dave_thunderroad

well i sure as hell hope they fix it...id hate to know what a new pcm and installation would cost....my worry is that the dealer wont know how to find the problem or something lol...ill just call em up and tell em step by step what they need to do.........thats gonna go well. i agree totally though,when dodge sees all these warranty claims for pcm's coming through there gonna start pointing fingers at anything and everything.....i mean just imagine how many other people have toasted theres with that bad program

Old 02-28-2007, 03:28 AM
htgriffith
Veteran

It did not toast it. It only has the wrong information. In your case all you would have to do is put the 2.8 program in and its ready to go. When they download (plug into) your PCM/ECM they will review all the data and see it is showing a Manuel transmission. If your truck is outside I would run up their and reprogram it and get that out and then run it back to stock again, HAHA But in my case I had a code plus the bad program.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:48 AM
htgriffith
Veteran

USAFR - Got my truck back. Everthing is fixed. I put the 2.3.8 v in it and it is back to her oldself. I left a nasty letter on the BD contact us site about the 2.3.7 v thing. I hope you are having good luck with your truck. I guess the only thing good about this is I know now for sure the BD left no trace. HAHA
It just left the wroung transmision.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Drew
Professional

This is good info about what the problem is and how it is happeneing. . .who would have thought the programming between the auto and manual is so different.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:02 PM
htgriffith
Veteran

Well Drew I am still wondering what was wrong before the download thing. I think my PCM or ECM was going out. After they checked the battery's and said all is OK it made me wonder. Well the next time my truck sits for 3-4 days we will see if it happens again.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:19 PM
usafr
All Star
Default RE: trucks wont shift

Cool beans man. Glad to hear all is well. Mine is still in the shop, they've taken it for a testdrive for the 3rd or 4th time. I'm afraid I'm gonna get my truck back, repaired half *** and on an empty tank. It's good to see that the programmer works good too. I'm still undecided wether or not I'm gonna reinstall mine or not. I've upgraded to the new version, but I'm thinking of selling it and going with something else. This makes the second time that my truck has had major problems, and the Bully Dog is now getting some really mean stares from me. But we'll see.

Quick Reply: trucks wont shift