Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

trucks wont shift

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 02:20 PM
htgriffith
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: truck wont shift update

Oh and PS- Just so others know. A ECM replacement and labor was $1408.88
They also flashed all updates etc.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Drew
Professional

WOW. . .1400 bucks. . . . .I didnt think it would be that much. . .

Old 03-01-2007, 02:43 PM
usafr
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand why they have to replace it, can't they just go in and flash it or reprogram it to think it's an automatic again? I believe the price though,, they weren't too happy when they had to replace it the first time. Thats it,, the Bully Dogs out,,,, this company needs to be responsible for what they are doing. I know we assume responsiblity for the programmers as part of the deal when we buy them,but in this case they knowingly put out a bad program version. They could at least apologize for being this stupid.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:17 PM
dave_thunderroad

well as of today my truck is still in the shop and not even been looked at.i call and they say we are swamped we havent had a chance to check it out.yea as far as price i called and checked price on a pcm from a dealer and they told me $1495!!!so i hope everything goes well

Old 03-01-2007, 04:10 PM
dave_thunderroad

just talked to dealer and they said that it had a bad range sensor.he then explained that it was part of the valve body and he also said he talked to dodge tech line and they said they have an update on that paticular sensor.so they ordered a sensor and told me everything else was ok besides a pcm update for white smoke and fuel economy......so i dont know.....he told me that dodge told him not to order it from the parts stock warehouse they are supposed to be sending the new updated one..........lol cant wait till they put the sensor in and it still does the same thing......hope not

Old 03-01-2007, 06:31 PM
usafr
All Star

Just came from the dealer, they told me that Chrysler won't approve the work, and wouldn't give a reason. I have an appt. with the Jag corps attorny tomorrow in Ft. Polk. We'll see what hapens. They don't even know why the truck is doing this other than that it now thiniks that it's a standard transmission. Oh, and they don't even have record of changing the PCM 5mts ago. [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 03-01-2007, 07:00 PM
dave_thunderroad

thats crap,you know they gave a reason man. dude that scares the hell outta me i dont understand why they are saying i have a bad sensor when i know that the bullydog program was what caused the problem....i dont know what to do....that manual trans data had to be in the pcm but yet they said nothing about that. i just hope that the so called range sensor fixes my problem

Old 03-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Drew
Professional

never heard of a range sensor. . .thats a new one for me. . .and Mike. . .good luck.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:48 PM
usafr
All Star

OOOOOOOOKAY,,,,UPDATE!!! everyone calm down and dont fret. I found a solution. If you're trucks at the dealership, call them, tell them to STOP, and then get it back.

I called Bully Dog and they fixed it for me.

1. Get rid of 2.3.7 and get version 2.3.8
2. Get BD on the phone and explain the problem, they will talk you through the process
3. All u need is a phone, the programmer, and about 20 min.

I went to the dealer and sat in the parking lot on the phone,, BD talked me through the process and my truck works like new. I drove it back home. Anyways,, I hope this helps and makes some ppl feel better.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Drew
Professional

ORIGINAL: usafr

OOOOOOOOKAY,,,,UPDATE!!! everyone calm down and dont fret. I found a solution. If you're trucks at the dealership, call them, tell them to STOP, and then get it back.

I called Bully Dog and they fixed it for me.

1. Get rid of 2.3.7 and get version 2.3.8
2. Get BD on the phone and explain the problem, they will talk you through the process
3. All u need is a phone, the programmer, and about 20 min.

I went to the dealer and sat in the parking lot on the phone,, BD talked me through the process and my truck works like new. I drove it back home. Anyways,, I hope this helps and makes some ppl feel better.

good to hear!!!![sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: trucks wont shift