Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

trucks wont shift

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 02:11 PM
dave_thunderroad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: truck wont shift update

get this..i called BD and talked with too different people in tech support....neither was helpful in fixing my problem, the first guy said all you have to do is unplug battery terminals for an hour then plug em back up and install 2.8 and its fixed......wrong answer, that obviously didnt work...next guy had no idea and said version 2.9 would be out next week and that would fix all the problems....usafr do you remeber the guy you talked to because these guys had no idea......oh yea by the way my dealer ordered a BCM not a PCM so thats not gonna fix it either...lol although they are narrowing it down

Old 03-17-2007, 03:15 AM
dave_thunderroad

ok its been almost 3 weeks and i still dont have my truck back yet. get this they have installed a new valve body,range sensor,bcm,and today a pcm!!!!!!guess what it didnt fix it.they say it shifts fine now but the gear position indicator still doesnt light up..they are saying that its getting no voltage up to the cluster, so monday they are gonna go fishing in my wireing system...and dodge is supposed to be sending a regional tech guy there to help em out...considering they have replaced every major electrical component on the truck.......it just dont make any sense to me ??????

Old 03-17-2007, 02:16 PM
usafr
All Star

i talked to a tech and he inturn had to talk to the software engineers. hmmmm, did u refer them to my problem? maybe that may help. I've since reinstalled the BD with version 2.8 and it works fine.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:33 PM
BadBrads97Neon
All Star
Default RE: trucks wont shift

So my step dads 01 Cummins is kinda having the same problem I guess. Could someone help me so I can help him. He has had the truck in the shop for over 5 weeks and they just keep saying they dont know what is wrong so he is getting it out tomorrow. What was happening was whenever he would start driving it would rev it up but not shift like usafr said. Like if you pushed the pedal to the floor once it got over so many RPMs it would just lose power. What could be wrong? I am gonna ask him exactly what was wierd with it later tonight, but thats what I know was wrong when I drove it. Thanks for all the help.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:53 PM
dave_thunderroad

well after three weeks mine will finally be ready to pick up in the morning. they are sayong something about a bad connection going from the range sensor to the cluster but hell it didnt do that till that whole 2.7 program deal..i didnt ask any questions i just was glad to hear the darn thing is fixed

Old 03-21-2007, 08:18 PM
BadBrads97Neon
All Star

Ok so I just talked to my step dad and he said that once he starts to acclerate the gauges and speedo just go to zero and the truck goes into limp mode. He said the check engine light comes on and the overhead console says "ccd". He also said that the odometer flashes then reads "no bus". He said the only code is 1689. Could anyone help me please. Thanks.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Ben D.
Champion

this is the kinda thing that just makes me even more against ever putting a programmer on my truck

Quick Reply: trucks wont shift