Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Increased Soot in Engine Oil

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007 | 12:02 PM
lesimon
|
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Increased Soot in Engine Oil

DBLR Thank you for your suggestion about getting them to put it in writing. That is what I will do and see what they come back with.
HankL I am going to install Racors LFS 801 oil bypass filter which filters down to one micron at 1.4 lpm/.4 gpm which costs $275. I want to remove the harmful abbrassive as they are produced not let them accumulate for 3,000 miles. I still plan on doing routine oil changes and oil analysis. I feel that the $275 dollars spent on the bypass system is cheap if I can extend the engine life for 20 years which is how long I am hoping to have this vehicle. My last 92 Dakota I had for 14 years. My previous vehicle was 86 chrysler daytona which I had for 16 years. Both of these vehicle my son now has. Thank you for your input and it was good to hear that you feel Racor makes a good bypass filter. As I have said before is that I am concerned that the engine manufacturers may have not gotten everything right with the new emissions and it could be at our expense. Time will tell if the engines stand up for the long term, it is too early to know for sure.

Old 03-31-2007 | 12:09 PM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Increased Soot in Engine Oil

Hell, as soon as I change the oil, start it up, go around the block and come home to check it, it's already black. Nature of the beast.

5K - 7.5K between changes on regular old dino oil.

Quick Reply: Increased Soot in Engine Oil