Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Lucas in trans and rear ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lucas in trans and rear ??

do a google search on Amsoil Dealers Pennsylvania and you should get a good bit of info.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:43 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is just my $0.02 about Lucas oil additive. I use to mix Lucas in with the oil in the hubs on my semi trailer and over the many thousands of miles I never saw any foam or anything that would stop me from wanting to use it. In my trailer I never had any wheel bearings fail after I started to use it.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:28 AM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it's tuff. I've got a friend who races cars and he swears by adding it. I'm back and forth about it, but like others have said, keeping things well maintained should be good enough. I'm gonna err on the side of caution and bail on it this time.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:55 AM
htgriffith
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could not find anything BAD about it. I am like you and know allot that use it and love it. I never have so I can not voice my opinion on it or Amsoil. But I do plan to try the Amsoil in my trans. and rear axle due to the fact Royal Purple does not make + 4 ATF. I do know that RP is good stuff but hard for me to get know.

Quick Reply: Lucas in trans and rear ??