Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel
View Poll Results: A poll
quadzilla race module with commander
22.22%
edge "HOT" juice with attitude
77.78%
commander and another module
0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

which setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 09:16 AM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which setup

Im currently debating whether I go all edge attitude with hot juice or quad commander with the race box.
or the commander with edge hot juice.

the hot juice is 160hp and the race box is 140hp

Ive heard a lot of good things about the quad stuff and they have good after market support. but i see more people running the edge

Old 08-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: which setup

I'm gunna go with the quadzilla. . .simply because I see him posting over at TDR, DTR, CF, DR, TDG, . . . . . all the time. he's real quick so get issues resolved if there is an issue.

granted there is a 20hp difference between the two, however it is not uncommon to see lower HP vehicles take others off the line and hold them off for a little simply for where the power kicks in. . .this is where my problem exists, I have massive power above 1800rpm, but below that she's a little sluggish.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:09 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

I agree with you Drew. The only problem is Im looking in the used market and it is hard to comby a used quad package.
I would jump on it in a second. But this also says something. people are happy with it. I see tons of edge stuff up for sale alll the time. now I dont know if as many people have bought the quad as they have the edge.
the problem is that I might have to buy a new commander.

but they are both good units

Old 08-28-2007, 02:10 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

and for my truck the hot tune is 180 hp which is 40hp more than the quad box.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:55 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

well I couldnt resist. I found a race box for $225 shipped, which is about half the price. it even has the digital controller. so now my quest is for a commander.

Im going to see if I can beat the price nick got. it will be hard but it can be done.
so keep an eye out for me

also I know where there is a edge juice system with an attitude and hot tune for $500. if anyone is interested let me know. its for an 04.5 to 06

Old 08-29-2007, 12:41 AM
finny
All Star

you have to dyno it when all is sayed and done!

Old 08-29-2007, 06:11 AM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

I'd like to. I may be able to. I wish I could get it before this weekend. so I could take it to NY DyNO day

Old 08-31-2007, 03:36 PM
ga_noplugs

ORIGINAL: Drew

I'm gunna go with the quadzilla. . .simply because I see him posting over at TDR, DTR, CF, DR, TDG, . . . . . all the time. he's real quick so get issues resolved if there is an issue.

granted there is a 20hp difference between the two, however it is not uncommon to see lower HP vehicles take others off the line and hold them off for a little simply for where the power kicks in. . .this is where my problem exists, I have massive power above 1800rpm, but below that she's a little sluggish.

Drew,
Is this because you have a TST as opposed to an Edge? If so , is it just the vendors diffeent performance curves? You still like your TST?

Old 08-31-2007, 03:46 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when I was reading up on boxes, I found that the edge box does a good bit more pressure than I wanted. I dont want to pop an injector. and since TST does no pressure and is just timeing/duration it was a bix that I liked more.

I do like my TST box, however the bottom end could be a bit better.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:11 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: GOD RAM IT

well I couldnt resist. I found a race box for $225 shipped, which is about half the price. it even has the digital controller. so now my quest is for a commander.

Im going to see if I can beat the price nick got. it will be hard but it can be done.
so keep an eye out for me

also I know where there is a edge juice system with an attitude and hot tune for $500. if anyone is interested let me know. its for an 04.5 to 06
ill be suprised to see you beat my deal on that commander, but good luck to ya! and that would also b a great deal on that edge, for 500 i would of took that deal if it was around when i was looking... to get into a chip now after my 310 on gauges would only bring me to 190$ and i would be lucky to get into a used quadzilla zxt of what ever that 65 hp chip is called. does anyone have that by the way? i can maybe get a new one for 225 on ebay and im mainly looking for better mileage so all those other engine breaking levels i wouldent be able to use because its not adjustable... god ram it, you said you got the race chip for 225 right?!?! if so who did you get it off of?

Quick Reply: which setup