Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Some serious diesel mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 01:06 AM
BigBlackBeast05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some serious diesel mods

ok guys and gals, Im going to be getting either a 2005 or 2006 cummins. My mods I am looking at are BD twin turbo, BD lift pump kit, Injectors, BD Race tranny, MBRP exhaust, and an Edge attitude and juice (or something similar). Does that look like a good setup? With that much air from the turbo will the lift pump kit and injectors pump enough fuel? Which module would you recommend with this setup? thanks...By the way I'm NEW!!!

Old 07-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Some serious diesel mods

[sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=hail.gif]

get a FASS setup with the 150gph pump.

in 05 the lift pump was ditched for a more practical in-tank pump. but if your pushing that much you WILL need a pump that pushes more so you wont starve your engine and the injector pump.

it seems like your doing your homework BTW

Old 07-20-2005, 05:06 PM
BigBlackBeast05

Would I need to O-ring the heads with the setup i am going to be using? Also which tuner...I cant seem to pick on that would tune it correstly for all of the parameters i am going to be putting on the engine. And does anyone know the power i will be putting out? Also, what type of gauges should i run. I was thinking about white faced with a silver/chrome bezel in pyro, fuel pressure, boost and tranny. but i can't find a company that makes them all . And also is there any pods that will hold these and also work with the lariat that has the infinity system in it?

Old 07-20-2005, 06:58 PM
FatherKind
Rookie

Check out http://www.bankspower.com they have packages that are easy to install and create ish-loads of power. Their Sidewinder All-Terrian Dodge puts out 500hp and 1000ft/lbs.

Old 07-20-2005, 07:11 PM
BigBlackBeast05

I Know what i want...no offense i just need to know which tuner to use with these mods and also where to find those guages. And also If there are any other tranny companies that have trannys that can hold the kind of power i am going to be puttin out. Hopefully i will be at 700 hp/ 1400 ft/lbs[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 07-20-2005, 07:39 PM
capnp72

ISSPro and DiPricol both make gauges that will closely match the OEM gauge cluster. Most places that sell the gauges also sell pods to mount them. For your tranny, you can give DTT or BD Power a call.

Old 07-20-2005, 07:53 PM
bigmike
Professional

are you planning on this being a daily driver? my cummins is about 450/900 when my box is switched all the way up and i can break the rear tires loose easily and give my passengers whiplash. just curious because i love big power. keep everyone posted on your mods step by step so we can see how each one performs

Old 07-20-2005, 10:02 PM
4x4 toy

are you gonna upgrade the tranny or differentials at all? b/c with 1400ft/lbs of torque u could seriuosly damage your drive train. good luck sounds like fun

Old 07-22-2005, 12:18 PM
BigBlackBeast05

ORIGINAL: bigmike

are you planning on this being a daily driver? my cummins is about 450/900 when my box is switched all the way up and i can break the rear tires loose easily and give my passengers whiplash. just curious because i love big power. keep everyone posted on your mods step by step so we can see how each one performs
Yes, most likely, i am going to college here soon and this is my scholarship present so its going to be kind of a daily and distance driver with some fun at the tracks on the weekends

4x4 toy Date 7/20/2005 7:02:56 PM
are you gonna upgrade the tranny or differentials at all? b/c with 1400ft/lbs of torque u could seriuosly damage your drive train. good luck sounds like fun

Yes I am going to upgrade the tranny to either a BD or DTT...havent really thought about diffs...i think the stockers should hold up...any thoughts??

Old 07-24-2005, 06:34 PM
4x4 toy

hey oif you got the money upgrade the diffs to 1 ton if not see how the stock ones hold up personally I don't think they will and if you don't have a LSD or locking diff you are gonna look really stupid feeding 700 horses to one wheel just remeber every time you upgrade something you have to upgrade something else untill the whole system is no were close to stock, because stock is your limiting factor, I am pretty sure that a company called bullydog makes drive train mods for high horse power deisels

Quick Reply: Some serious diesel mods