Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

Questions about the SRT's

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 02:55 AM
Razorbackfan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about the SRT's

Soon I'm going to be looking for an SRT truck. I was just curious as to what to look for when test driving.

I have narrowed it down to an '05 quadcab. I like having the back seat and the '05 has the flipup center console where the '06 doesn't. Plus the headlights are a little big.

What is the smallest rim size that will fit?

Thanks.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:30 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Never asked what the smallest rim that will fit.... I know you need 18s for the back, you can run 17s if you shave the calipers a little. But I am not sure about the front and not home to measure. Not sure why you would want anything less than 20 anyhow. You have to keep a low profile tire if you want any kind of performance at all and with the small rim it will leave a big gap in the wheel wells.

The QC will seem almost disappointing when you drive it if the truck is stock. The auto tranny and detuned PCM are the reasons.

Make sure it shifts OK under power. I would also go after one that not has towed anything. Other than that there is not much to watch for on 05 QCs.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Razorbackfan

20's were the size I was wondering about. I guess I could've said 20's instead of smaller. I was hoping to get a stock one then modify it as I go.
Can you reprogram the PCM to the level of the regular cab?

Old 01-20-2009, 12:44 AM
scatpack_69
All Star

15 inch front rotors right? Gotta figure in the caliper size. Id say 20s minimum to be safe. But it does depend on the wheels. Maybe be able to fit 18s up front, but I doubt it.

I know on my truck, Ive seen 16.5s and they have 13 in. rotors. Theres 3.5" and they barely cleared. Same logic on 15" rotors is 19", but Id bet the calipers are bigger on the SRT.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:24 AM
CarGuyOhio

Originally Posted by Razorbackfan
20's were the size I was wondering about. I guess I could've said 20's instead of smaller. I was hoping to get a stock one then modify it as I go.
Can you reprogram the PCM to the level of the regular cab?
PCM flash is a must on a QC and many places will do it. I would not get it done though until you have all your other planned mods done.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:24 PM
OSO
Professional

Originally Posted by Razorbackfan
Soon I'm going to be looking for an SRT truck. I was just curious as to what to look for when test driving.

I have narrowed it down to an '05 quadcab. I like having the back seat and the '05 has the flipup center console where the '06 doesn't. Plus the headlights are a little big.

What is the smallest rim size that will fit?

Thanks.
Not sure if your still looking but the guy that just bought my srt8 is looking to dump his 05 QC for 18,500 31k miles. If you need more info let me know.

Last edited by OSO; 01-26-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Razorbackfan

As most of you already know I bought the '05 I was looking for. I'm on the VTCOA and I recognize a couple out of this thread. I did get a bone stock one but as he just put brand new tires on before I got it, I'll be leaving the 22's on for now. Thanks again for the things to look for.

Jeff

Old 04-28-2009, 08:16 PM
CarGuyOhio

Now all you have to do is mod, drive and mod.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Midnight Runner
Champion

Congrats on the truck. You will have fun.

Quick Reply: Questions about the SRT's