Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

fuel line quick connectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 02:32 AM
wilbo
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel line quick connectors

Guys

So after my 'experience' of replacing the intake manifold and plenum gaskets I had a little problem with the quick connectors for the two fuel lines. Basically the pipe end was a bit rusty so I cleaned these up so that the black collar was tight up against the lip of the pipe. When I pushed the connectors back on it didn't have a distinct click as I expected and I only managed to get the fatter of the two lines to accept the locking tab. On the other line I've used a cable tie to fasten the connector onto the pipe.

Do I need new tabs? The manual seems to indicate this but I'm recycling

Is is common that the quick connector doesn't go back on easily? I"ve yanked the fatter line and it's secure but the other one isn't so, I don't think it will come off ... just wondering.

thanks

Wilbo

Old 07-21-2010, 10:09 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

If the quick connector is not locking into place. You need to replace the clip or the line,with a new clip. The line should go on petty easy.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:08 AM
wilbo
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you say the clip do you mean the end of the flexible line, the black band around the metal tube going to fuel rail or the tab that locks the connector to the metal tube.

thanks

Quick Reply: fuel line quick connectors