Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1997 Ram Wagon Trans. questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 01:41 PM
airborne.pathfinder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1997 Ram Wagon Trans. questions

I just bought a 1997 Ram Wagon 3500 (VIN Z) and I'm getting ready to change the Trans fluid/filter. I figured I should check/adjust bands if it's needed too. Does anybody know what are the specs for the band adjustments and where the adjusters are located?

From what I read, I should use ATF+4 fluid. Is this correct.

I've done this on other vehicles, but I haven't worked on a Van before. I'm planning on pumping the ATF fluid out through the filler tube before I drop the pan. (I have a fluid pump for this. works great.)

Are there any good tips/tricks for doing this?

Old 10-07-2011, 01:49 PM
airborne.pathfinder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another thought. If anybody knows where I could download a service manual I would be much appreciative. My search efforts end up with prices ranging from $55-$90 for a hardcopy and I'm looking for e-copy or pdf.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Rusty93RamVan
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you'll use the Forum Search function on this subject you will get very specific information as it has been covered recently. If memory serves, Forum Member "alloro" provided the details.

There is also an on-line Chilton manual available -- again, use Search and you will find it.

Welcome to the Forum!

Old 10-09-2011, 05:52 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

Here is the band adjustment information: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-r...tml#post798923

Here is the online Chilton Manual thread: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-r...e-chilton.html

Quick Reply: 1997 Ram Wagon Trans. questions