Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Vans & CUVs > Dodge Ram Van
Reload this Page >

98 B3500 Tuner? Speedo Re-Cal?

Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

98 B3500 Tuner? Speedo Re-Cal?

  #1  
Old 02-04-2014, 01:43 AM
torinoscj429's Avatar
torinoscj429
torinoscj429 is offline
Amateur
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 B3500 Tuner? Speedo Re-Cal?

Hi All

Today I contacted both Superchips and Hypertech, and both say they offer NO products for the 98 B3500 Van 5.9 gasoline.

Does anyone know who DOES offer tuners for this application?

I definitely need a speedo re-calc, and would love to try some re-tuning of the engine electronics to try to get better gas mileage on my heavy van conversion motorhome.

Thanks!

Gerard
 
  #2  
Old 02-08-2014, 12:14 AM
torinoscj429's Avatar
torinoscj429
torinoscj429 is offline
Amateur
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by torinoscj429 View Post
Hi All

Today I contacted both Superchips and Hypertech, and both say they offer NO products for the 98 B3500 Van 5.9 gasoline.

Does anyone know who DOES offer tuners for this application?

I definitely need a speedo re-calc, and would love to try some re-tuning of the engine electronics to try to get better gas mileage on my heavy van conversion motorhome.

Thanks!

Gerard
Bump...I called these tuner manufacturers about my B3500 van.

Hypertech: No
Superchips: No
Edge: No

Anyone? Help!

Gerard
 
  #3  
Old 02-12-2014, 06:12 PM
dynosaur
dynosaur is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 b3500 tuner

try SCT they may help you
 
  #4  
Old 02-21-2014, 02:56 AM
torinoscj429's Avatar
torinoscj429
torinoscj429 is offline
Amateur
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dynosaur View Post
try SCT they may help you
I emailed SCT, and they do not support the Dodge Van.

I'm batting a big 0 here!

Gerard
 
  #5  
Old 03-05-2014, 12:36 PM
oleman
oleman is offline
Amateur
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 45
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Have you tried support at the local dodge dealer.
I would expect there are factory updates available.
I have a 98 Expedition that ford still supports.
Have not checked with Dodge on our 2001 A1500.
BUT would not surprise me to find it is still supported at the dealer.
 
  #6  
Old 03-05-2014, 08:07 PM
Mobile Auto Repair's Avatar
Mobile Auto Repair
Mobile Auto Repair is offline
Record Breaker
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North TX
Posts: 1,175
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

If not already re-tuned by Dodge I would not advise it. Dodge will pull some of the advanced timing out of the program to get rid of the famous 'ping' sound these engines are known for which will hurt performance.
 
  #7  
Old 03-05-2014, 08:12 PM
blackvan
blackvan is offline
All Star
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Kentucky
Posts: 934
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Also known as the "death flash".

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...ath-flash.html

As we do not have a custom tuner available (yet) that will work with these vans, I definitely agree with Mobile Auto Repair. Do NOT permit a dealer to reflash your PCM.
 
  #8  
Old 03-05-2014, 10:17 PM
funair02's Avatar
funair02
funair02 is offline
All Star
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 808
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by blackvan View Post
Also known as the "death flash".

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...ath-flash.html

As we do not have a custom tuner available (yet) that will work with these vans, I definitely agree with Mobile Auto Repair. Do NOT permit a dealer to reflash your PCM.
Is this the reason why it feels like I loose 30HP when the ambient temp is over 80 degrees???
 
  #9  
Old 03-05-2014, 11:19 PM
blackvan
blackvan is offline
All Star
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Kentucky
Posts: 934
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Was your PCM reflashed by the dealer? I thought you bought a refurbished/rebuilt PCM from that outfit in Florida.
 
  #10  
Old 03-05-2014, 11:26 PM
funair02's Avatar
funair02
funair02 is offline
All Star
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 808
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by blackvan View Post
Was your PCM reflashed by the dealer? I thought you bought a refurbished/rebuilt PCM from that outfit in Florida.
yes I did get the FL one
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 98 B3500 Tuner? Speedo Re-Cal?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: