Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Ram van 2000 250 5.2liter Very high idle, HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 01:26 PM
greenthumb
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally back,well truck not starting now ! No power at coil inbound wires.Thinking it was shutdown relay because I don't smell any gas either! On my 2000 ram van 318 I can't seem to find a relay for my fuel pump? Just relay for a.s.r.+ fuse for a.s.r. in powertrain fuse in engine compartment. Does the 2 wires that feed into coil come from distributor, ecm or powertrain panelbox? I'm starting to get pissed off. Went to junkyard to try and find a jtek ecm to fit but no luck.Looking for someone who can bench test mine.

Old 01-01-2018, 02:26 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Coil *should* get power from the ASD relay. You will only see power there for about three seconds at Key on, and while the PCM sees the engine actually turning. (via crank or cam sensor.)

Old 01-02-2018, 10:00 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by greenthumb
On my 2000 ram van 318 I can't seem to find a relay for my fuel pump?
On some models there are separate ASD and fuel pump relay, but on other models the ASD relay does the job of both.

Old 01-13-2018, 01:23 PM
greenthumb
Amateur

Back again, yeah the fuel pump relay was in the fuse panel in drivers side,it's not labeled! Well I finally got an e.c.m. out of a Dakota at junkyard.Since I don't have any spark/power I am going to check pickup in distributor,about 7 yrs.ago a squirrel got up there in 1 of our cold spells+chewed the wire going to the pickup.I replaced it then,so,I figured it should not be a problem.But going to check anyway! So I am going to buy one of the Mongoose 234 flash cords from Drew. In process of making bench top flash unit for the Jtech style e.c.m.s.p trying to figure out correct d.c. voltage 3 or 5 amps.+ if I need any type of resistor,etc. Also having a hard time figuring out which wires go from diagnostic plug to black plug that plugs into e.c.m. I am also looking for free download for fac.service manual! For elec.sch. I am going through my wires right now checking for bad spots+ re cleaning all my grounds! P.S.In my next post I will put a pic.of my smoke machine.Sorry for the delay in response I am going in for Knee replacement in a couple of weeks. Having a hard time getting around+working on the van,by the way it's a 2000 ram van 250 5.2 liter with auto trans.66k.Thank you so much for the help so far,it is very appreciated!

Last edited by greenthumb; 01-14-2018 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Unfinished due to battery drain.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:47 PM
jasonz1130

hey greenthumb, i have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 van with 170,000 miles on it. i have replaced the IAC, crank position sensor, etc. with the cheep dog**** aftermarket parts from auto zone and other stores. when i put an aftermarket tps sensor in the idle whent insanly high, ripped it out immediately. some aftermarket parts worked intermittently not throwing out codes and driving me crazy. replaced with oem parts and it fixed the problem. do yourself a favor spend a little extra loot and replace any major sensor with a oem part, it will save you headaches later on.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:45 PM
greenthumb
Amateur
Default Thanks I was wondering if that might have been part of problem.

Went got some parts a junkyard few wks.ago.Going to try them 1st. Bought a j235 device thruogh D.M. technologies ging to flash e.c.m.+see if it has option to accept aftermarket parts I had given up on it for a while due to knee replacement. Appreciate the heads up,thanks a bunch!

Old 12-03-2018, 06:10 PM
TallmanLilVan

this is the problem with the board. No one evr writes the final outcome. This is exactly my issue.

Old 12-04-2018, 10:13 PM
nibroc
Veteran
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

we all wanr to know the updates...........

Old 12-05-2018, 10:05 AM
TallmanLilVan

Originally Posted by nibroc
we all wanr to know the updates...........
nIBROC, for me it turned out to be the plenum gasket, IAC and my throttle cable which this video really helped me out.