Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

2000 ram van 250 5.2 liter racing style ignition help

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 04:14 PM
Maximillio
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greenthumb
Very nice, you know If they wanted electrical diagram all they had to do was ask! Now is there any reason I should have to expose that I am handicapped this is definitely no one's business.An I was a carpenter all my life and not a master tech. I was just looking for peace of mind! F A R from that! Respectfully Thank you
If you had explained in the first place you were simply looking for peace of mind and didn't think anything was wrong and just wanted someone to double check your wiring for you, someone probably would've asked for one or gone and looked it up. From your original post no one was sure what you were asking for, or even why you did what you did. We don't need and haven't asked for info about you or your background, you're the one who has been divulging this to us. Again, it makes no difference if you're joe backwoods or the president, we just want to help you fix the problem you have, or in your case give you peace of mind if you had simply asked for that directly in the first place.

Now that you have said you just want someone to give you that, someone can probably look up your diagram or you can provide them with it and double check what you have done, if you haven't already angered everyone one else.

You should also have confidence in your own skills as well as what you've done is a simple thing. Power to switch to ignition 1, power to ignition 2, power to starter. If youre using on/off toggle, it will disable regular key function. To keep regular key function you need a switch that will allow straight through connection of the ignition/starter wires, and then be able to be switched to power car side (not keyside) or both if it would work that way, to simulate the key being in and turned to the proper position. If the switch is like this, you will be able to power the proper wires with key, and then with key removed, the switch will be able to send power to the wires instead (this is how remote starts work.).

Best of luck.

Old 12-02-2017, 02:48 PM
greenthumb
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No help here! Bye

Guess I have wrong part of this website.Thought this was general public trying to help each other out. Re:This was not meant to be disrespectful this was 1st time using this forum.I truly thought I was talking to a tech which have given me nothing but negative reactions when I asked them about it! I had no problems with this person! And in no way was I trying to be disrespectful.I saw quote and thought this was supposed to be a place for fees from techs.similar to Just Answer.com very sorry for mixup.Did not expect any more reply.Boy was I wrong! Thank you!