Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Transmission Electrical

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 06:03 PM
Reddodgevan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Electrical

2003 Dodge B2500 Van.

I have had 2 pcm installed. Pick up coil, cap, rotor, alternator,battery.

The voltage regulator went out of the pcm on a trip. Left me stranded for a few days till we finally figured the bad pcm issue. New pcm installed but still didnt make it home. Had another pcm installed along with the above parts.

About a month later alternator gauge went to 0 and check gauge light came on. I thought the pcm was going out again since that's what it did before. Did not get the 0601 code but I do have several other codes. I will get into those. I did wire in an external regulator and it seems to work. The volt meter doesn't work and the check gauge light and check engine light stays on.

The problem I have run across is the 2 wires that went to the plug on the alternator. One is white/blue stripe and the other is dark green/blk. The white/ blue stripe looks to supply 12v to the trans relay and no matter how I wire it the trans will not shift. I think it's in limp mode. I have not checked 5v reference on the trans plug I just got a diagram for that today will check tomorrow.

I do have the following codes.
1594 voltage too high
0622 field control circuit
0743 tcc solenoid
0753 electrical solenoid A
0713 tranny temp(got on start up today)
1763 Gov pressure too high
1765 12v supply relay
1495 evap solenoid.

I have changed every solenoid in tranny and the wire harness. The evap solenoid has been changed as well. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Been working on this very frustrating issue for weeks.

Old 10-11-2018, 06:42 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Trans gets power via the trans control relay in the PDC, check fuses 17 and 18, make sure they are good. (diagram lists both for this circuit, not sure what that's all about.)

Old 10-11-2018, 07:23 PM
Reddodgevan

I have checked them all. The dark green/blk is hot all times to the pin 30 the wht/drk blu goes to the coil of the relay. Without that wire hooked up the relay doesn't work. This is just my exp. so far. I have ran wire and tested grounds and power and everything I know to do. Kinda lost in a haze right now. Lol. Thx for the reply.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:46 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Do you see power at on the white/darkblue wire with engine running?

Old 10-12-2018, 10:25 AM
Reddodgevan

Well that's kinda the issue. All the info I have read about the external reg says to cut those wires and wire in the external plug. So that whit/ blu stripe is not hooked up. I have ran a keyed 12v from fuse box to it with no change. I have wired it into the blue wire of the external plug with no change. Kin ffs a at a stand still and don't know what to try next.

Old 10-12-2018, 02:31 PM
Reddodgevan

Latest is I am only getting 3.8 volts on every 5v reference coming out of the pcm. Does this mean pcm is junk again? Or is there a sensor in the system throwing it off. If pcm is bad again what would make a pcm constantly go bad? They are too expensive to be replacing over and over.

Old 10-12-2018, 03:22 PM
Reddodgevan

Forget the last I forgot to put a fuse back before testing.

anyway I am still not getting 12v signal from white/blue stripe from back of alternator. Am I supposed to? I have tried to just hook 12v from fuse box to that wire but it blows the fuse. Super frustrated with what looks on paper to be a simple issue.

Old 10-13-2018, 09:26 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Running 12 volts to that terminal on the relay *should* be adequate to the task. Think I would be tempted to just run a new wire from a switched ignition source...... leave that wire out of the equation entirely.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:24 PM
Reddodgevan

You would think it would be as easy as external regulator and 12v to white/ blue stripe and we are rolling. For some reason it is not. I am missing something or something else is the issue I guess. Thx for the help

Old 10-13-2018, 06:16 PM
Reddodgevan

Ok so here is the latest. I had to jump the pink wire Pin B31 to get the relay to close. Had to hook the white/ blue stripe wire into my external voltage regulator to excite the alternator so it would charge. Not sure why this new, only 2 month old, pcm would go out again. Anyone had pcm issues? So with a jumper out of the pink wire on the relay everything works. Not sure it's a good fix but gets me in the right direction. Need to figure out the pcm issue. Thanks to all that had impute and I hope this helps someone else.

Quick Reply: Transmission Electrical