Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Vans & CUVs > Dodge Ram Van
Reload this Page >

air bag light stays on???

Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

air bag light stays on???

Old 07-10-2019, 01:53 PM
peppster66
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air bag light stays on???

Hi, I finally had my 97 B3500 running perfectly, and now the air bag light on the dash came on and wont go off, Im puzzled on this one, checked for codes, there are none, checked my repair manual, but no info on this problem, any help is greatly appreciated,,, thank you,,,,,,

Old 07-10-2019, 02:14 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Need a pretty high-zoot scanner to read SRS codes..... Around here, the local parts store can read 'em.

Old 07-10-2019, 03:35 PM
Viperdave
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A simple check would be if the horn works or the Cruze controll turns on with the light on the dash or the switch

if they don’t then it’s probably a clock spring, if they still work then you have to get the code to find out where the problem is

viperdave

Old 07-11-2019, 06:54 PM
peppster66
Amateur

thanks for your replies, the horn and the cruise works, so Ill try and find a code reader that might help me ,,thanks again,,,

Old 07-11-2019, 08:31 PM
JFloors
Veteran

Originally Posted by peppster66 View Post
thanks for your replies, the horn and the cruise works, so Ill try and find a code reader that might help me ,,thanks again,,,
I've had this same problem in my 99 cargo for a few months now, never really pursued the fix, always meant to pull the seats and check connections just have not done it yet...
mine will ding at me for 2-3 turns going out of the neighborhood then once on the road ceases. Come to another stop and turn does the same sequence. My horn n cruise work fine too.
I have 2 code readers, a lower end Innova 3100 and a Bluedriver by Lemur. Both supposed to pull ABS and I had thought maybe SRS (not sure) codes but neither will communicate with this van other than OBDII codes. They will on my 01 chevy pickup and a some of my kids n friends other vehicles I've tried them on

Old 07-12-2019, 01:52 PM
peppster66
Amateur

Thanks, I tried the connections under the seat, but no luck, the light is still on, checked all the fuses and relays, all are in good condition,, Ill keep on trying, if I have any luck, I will let you know,,,thanks again,,,,,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: air bag light stays on???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: