Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

First Post Sorry - 1994 B350 No Crank No Start 5.2l

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 08:26 PM
kyleb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation First Post Sorry - 1994 B350 No Crank No Start 5.2l

I literally just bought this today to help solve my financial problems. Well its convoluted but I thought it would help.

I bought it from a kids camp original owners, 110k miles. Rusty panels and floors but solid everything else. Any way 20 minutes down the road it starts feeling funny and suddenly dies. On the side of the road, no crank, no start. Headlights are on, Dash is on. (I was playing with all the controls while driving trying to figure it out as well) I have only owned this car for a few hours but it seemed like the turn signals might have been acting up right before this. (But I really have no idea) Anyway, I turn the key and get nothing, no sounds no dimming.

For what its worth they told me it needed a battery and it was on a trickle charger when I tested it. It's currently getting towed and it's not here yet.

Thanks for you help and insight with my soon to be daily driver.

Kyle

Old 12-09-2021, 08:04 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Have the battery and alternator tested. Low voltage tends to make these guys do some really odd and strange things.

Old 12-09-2021, 10:13 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts

The battery could be low because the alternator isn't working. The reason it sputtered and died is likely because the battery depleted what little power was in it and without the alternator to keep the power flowing the engine couldn't make spark.

Old 12-09-2021, 11:03 AM
kyleb

Ok, update.

I jumped the van this morning and it started right up. As soon as I pulled the booster box it died. I'm now agreeing on the alternator and phew.. that's something I can do with out too much frustration. I also ordered the service manual for this - so hopefully things will be taken care of soon. Thanks for the replies!

Old 12-09-2021, 04:19 PM
alloro
Dodge Forum Moderator

Might not hurt to contact the seller to B&M about how you got stuck with the tow cost and the cost for an alternator. The selling price should've been lower with a bad alternator and the cynical side of me says they had to have known about it. Maybe you can at least get the cost of the alternator back.

Old 12-09-2021, 05:35 PM
kyleb

I did contact the seller. Unfortunately, they said since they already came down in price that would not. She also said it was outside of her control and she'd have to ask her executive manager.

Not sure if I could have got anywhere pushing further but I decided to ask for a free pass to one of their events and she said yes. So it's not nothing, and will probably be close to the difference.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:48 AM
alloro
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by kyleb
Not sure if I could have got anywhere pushing further but I decided to ask for a free pass to one of their events and she said yes. So it's not nothing, and will probably be close to the difference.
Good job! The best deals are when neither side get everything they want, yet both sides walk away satisfied.

The following users liked this post:
CarolinaGuy (12-17-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 03:55 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Buying a 27 year old vehicle, you get what you get. Dealers are required to have a label tat says"No Warranty". Unless you buy it from a mechanically trained person, they won't know.

The following users liked this post:
CarolinaGuy (12-17-2021)

Quick Reply: First Post Sorry - 1994 B350 No Crank No Start 5.2l