Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Fuel pressure issues Plus some more

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 11:37 AM
nikkimerc13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pressure issues Plus some more

Good morning. So what I’m looking at is no fuel pressure at the Fuel rail. I have checked my relay I have checked the wiring is best as I could, and I’ve also replaced the fuel pump again just last night. Now I’m still not getting pressure at the fuel rail. When connecting positive lead of multimeter to positive battery terminal and negative lead on the positive wire at the pump I do get battery voltage, but I don’t believe I’m getting voltage when I just go just check it at the pump. Intermittent problem and it seems like it’s more not running that it runs now and here’s another thing, I plugged in my reader to the OBD2 port and its getting no power, so there’s something up with that and then wondering if that’s connected to it somehow I don’t know if someone please help me I would really really appreciate it. I’m ready to go berserk. Thank you in Advance I really do appreciate it.

Last edited by nikkimerc13; 07-02-2022 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 07-02-2022, 12:11 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

You should be able to hear the pump relay, and ASD relays kicking for about 3 seconds at initial key on, and the pump should prime. Also, the CEL should come on for a few seconds as well. Is that actually happening?

Old 07-02-2022, 02:21 PM
nikkimerc13

Originally Posted by HeyYou
You should be able to hear the pump relay, and ASD relays kicking for about 3 seconds at initial key on, and the pump should prime. Also, the CEL should come on for a few seconds as well. Is that actually happening?
I do not hear any relay clicking, no fuel pump priming, check engine light comes on for a second but then goes off, and my obd2 port has no power

Old 07-03-2022, 10:19 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

Check all your fuses. I think there are two for the PCM.... but, can't swear to that.

Old 07-03-2022, 06:20 PM
nikkimerc13
Default Response

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Check all your fuses. I think there are two for the PCM.... but, can't swear to that.
I have checked All fuses, the fuses driver side panel as well as the box under hood by battery... they are indeed all good..... let me ask you this, am I correct in assuming that my problem lies between the rail back to pump? Meaning injectors are not relevant cuz there would need be to be pressure at the tail in order to go forward? I looked behind the fide panel and don't see anything out of place nothing obviously damaged...

In addition, I just replaced the pump again, the first one I replaced in April.... for some reason the lock ring seems to not want to go on... last time I simply greased the threads and it went on fine, this time not so.... I don't have the special tool and can't get one of the loaner tools from the auto parts store... any tips?
thank you very much

Last edited by nikkimerc13; 07-03-2022 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Want to add info
Old 07-04-2022, 08:59 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 364 Likes on 342 Posts

When you turn the key to start the vehicle the asd and fuel pump relays engage, The fuel pump will only stay on enough to prime the system. After the engine starts the pcm will keep the relay on. The asd will stay engaged for a while but will shut off if the key is on with the engine not running. Pump needs to prime the system, Have you tried to swap the relays? Fuses may look good but still may have a connection issue(corrosion). You can manually jump the relay to see if the pump runs.

Quick Reply: Fuel pressure issues Plus some more