Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Hello from Spain

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2022, 04:46 AM
Markin
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello from Spain

Hi guys. I am new here and new to the Dodge World. I am from the UK but have been living here in Spain almost half of my life now. I wanted a vehicle to do long journeys with my son and my huge rough collie dog, so I started to look around for vans that I could get camper converted. Problem is, the vans we have have here such as Mercedes and Volkswagen arenīt really that comfortable, and are stupidly expensive second hand. So, I found myself a Dodge Ram B250 Winnebago Conversion Van from 1995 for sale, and I picked it up two days ago. Here are a few quick pictures of the exterior. Over on the Ram Van forum I will be posting a question regards getting some seatbelt parts. The van needs a few interior repairs (nothing too major) but it runs beautifully with its 5.2 V8.

Old 10-15-2022, 11:06 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Wow, still in REALLY nice shape.

Welcome to DF!

Old 10-16-2022, 11:47 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Probably no rust for sure. I just wonder how it handles the narrow European streets.

Old 10-16-2022, 12:48 PM
Markin
Amateur

Yes, it is still in pretty good shape. Some things to fix up but considering it is 27 years old now, to be expected really.

Old 10-16-2022, 12:49 PM
Markin
Amateur

No rust. Handling is different to what I am used to. And the streets here are not too bad, but obviously I have to be more careful than I would be if I was driving in the US.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:50 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by Markin
No rust. Handling is different to what I am used to. And the streets here are not too bad, but obviously I have to be more careful than I would be if I was driving in the US.

Actually, in the U.S. most roads are much wider and you don't have 500 to 600 year old buildings you have to squeeze between. The thing to watch for is where the road goes through a gate that was designed for a horse and wagon. I have a complete collection of Top Gear season 1 through 28 and I marvel when a car will pull out of what looks like a door for people.

The following users liked this post:
BadBoyNL (02-05-2023)
Old 10-18-2022, 01:14 AM
Markin
Amateur

Originally Posted by ol' grouch
Actually, in the U.S. most roads are much wider and you don't have 500 to 600 year old buildings you have to squeeze between. The thing to watch for is where the road goes through a gate that was designed for a horse and wagon. I have a complete collection of Top Gear season 1 through 28 and I marvel when a car will pull out of what looks like a door for people.
Thatīs true about the old parts of towns here. To be honest, I generally avoid those places by car as I also have an old Lada Niva 4x4 I use for going up in to the mountains (and also for buzzing around town). It is tiny so would fit easily down the streets, but no power steering so any slow maneuver is a pain in the butt. And I wouldnīt dream of trying to fit the Dodge down those streets.

Old 02-05-2023, 05:51 PM
BadBoyNL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hola colega 😁
bought my RamVam last October. Also a 1995.
I'm Spanish but living all my life in the Netherlands.
Going on a roadtrip soon to Spain.

You run on gasoline or LPG / GPL?

Old 02-06-2023, 02:39 AM
Markin
Amateur

Buenas tio. De donde eres en Espaņa?

Mine is running standard petrol. It doesnīt have LPG conversion, and I was really never convinced by LPG to be honest. Years ago I heard stories of how engines suffered and didnīt last as long running LPG. Maybe just Urban Legends, but it put me off. I need to plan a road trip with my son, but when the weather gets better and warmer

Old 02-06-2023, 05:07 AM
BadBoyNL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My roots are in the region Castilla la Vieja, Segovia. But I visit normally Barcelona Valencia Madrid... That triangle.
LPG is rather common in the Netherlands.
It runs a little hotter, slightly less power, but if used normal, (not voor long high speed travel, so not doing 90mph for thousands of miles) it will last longer than most other parts on your car.
100-110 KmH is my regular speed.

Originally Posted by Markin
Buenas tio. De donde eres en Espaņa?

Mine is running standard petrol. It doesnīt have LPG conversion, and I was really never convinced by LPG to be honest. Years ago I heard stories of how engines suffered and didnīt last as long running LPG. Maybe just Urban Legends, but it put me off. I need to plan a road trip with my son, but when the weather gets better and warmer

Quick Reply: Hello from Spain