Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Leak on ceiling.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2023, 04:44 PM
Ashwitch
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leak on ceiling.

So There is a leak. Heavy rain revealed a leak. It seems that water is coming in a long the side door of my 2001 Dodge Ram B1500 Conversion Van. I have put new seals on the side door and it's not as bad as it was but there is still water soaking the upholstery above the front passenger seat belt beneath the VCR box and on the step into the back.
Any suggestions as to how to fix the issue? Seems to have been an issue for a while as there is rust on that corner..

Old 01-18-2023, 06:05 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,256 Likes on 3,003 Posts

Can you post pics????

Old 01-18-2023, 06:07 PM
Ashwitch
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Can you post pics????

Old 01-18-2023, 07:05 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,256 Likes on 3,003 Posts

Think I would pull the seatbelt, and upholstery, see what it looks like on the inside. I suspect it isn't the door seal leaking, but, something above there.

Old 01-22-2023, 11:30 AM
Dodge_USA_Dude
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a leak like this at the rear of my van. I noticed a crack where the conversion roof meets the van. It is right above where your rust is, that lip. I caulked it up and it solved my immediate problem. I was also told by a body shop guy that there should be caulk all along that lip. It’s a drip rail of sorts so water will pool there and if you have a crack from rust or whatever, it will let water in.

from the look of your rust I bet there are rust cracks all above that rust spot in the door jamb.

Quick Reply: Leak on ceiling.