Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

94 to 97 drivers side wheel well slash guard

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2023, 04:19 PM
jeffersonracing
Professional
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 94 to 97 drivers side wheel well slash guard

I need the above mentioned splash guard on my 96 b van. Every one I check out at pick and pulls is also missing. Is this a real common thing that they fall off and most all of the vans are missing that part? Just to clarify I'm talking about the rubber piece that is held in with plastic push pins that sits behind the wheel and keeps water and such from splashing onto the engine. I was going to check and see if the older vans had the same part, but the ones I checked were gone too.

Old 03-03-2023, 08:58 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,262 Likes on 3,009 Posts

The push pins are likely still available, and just pick up some heavy rubber from your local hobby store, make your own splash guard. 3/16ths' thick should be more than adequate to the task.

Old 03-03-2023, 12:11 PM
jeffersonracing
Professional
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm kind of thinking that the plastic push pins are part of the reason the shields are missing. Doesn't explain why the passenger sides aren't affected the same way though. Maybe they have more wind force against them or something.

Last edited by jeffersonracing; 03-07-2023 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-03-2023, 02:02 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,262 Likes on 3,009 Posts

I would suspect that the drivers side gets removed to facilitate some service or other.... hence, why they are universally MIA.

The following users liked this post:
Overland One (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 03:45 AM
Overland One
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My passenger side one is missing on my 1998 B1500 conversion van as are the push pins. There is a new upper control arm in there and I suspect you are are right that someone removed it as it was in the way and just "forgot" to replace it. I am probably just going to drill an extra hole next to each push pin hole and secure some cut up rubber piece in there with zip ties. Easy to install and removal is easy as I can just cut them. I never had much luck with those push pins, especially if they are aged. Even using a removal tool just seems to snap them off.

Quick Reply: 94 to 97 drivers side wheel well slash guard