Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

97 ram van 3500. infinity speaker system / built in amp. speaker replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2023, 09:33 PM
97Dodgestationwagon
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 ram van 3500. infinity speaker system / built in amp. speaker replacement.

97 ram van 3500. infinity speaker system / built in amp. speaker replacement.

to start off i went to replace the 2 rear factory infinity speakers because they will not work suddnely. symptoms before were - speaker working- hit a bump then speaker doesnt work. now it will not work at all vs when it used to work on and off at random times.

now all i get is sound from my front left driver side door. i do not get sound from passenger door / nor get sound from both REAR 6x9s. ( passenger and driver side. )

anyway i assume the speaker went bad. come to find out these 6x9's have a factory infinity amp actually attatched the the 6x9 itself. physically mounted around the magnet. is anyone familiar with this set up? i cant find anything in my haynes manual . i want to replace the speakers but there is a harness with 4 wires that plug into each speaker. i assume this harness powers the amp attatched. how do i bypass? can i install old amp on new speaker? thanks for reading and help given.

Old 04-05-2023, 09:47 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,262 Likes on 3,009 Posts

The outputs from the head unit are essentially preamp out.... the amp on the speaker then boosts power. Installing just a speaker, and you likely won't even be able to hear it. Could install some aftermarket amps, just make sure that if you use the factory wiring, it will actually support those amps. May also consider making sure the existing wiring actually works.... sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere, thus, hitting bumps would 'fix it' for a time.

Quick Reply: 97 ram van 3500. infinity speaker system / built in amp. speaker replacement.