Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

ECU repair experience please

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2023, 03:36 PM
jeffersonracing
Professional
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default ECU repair experience please

I need a reputable ecu repair facility. I have already had a bad experience with one repair place and was just about ready to ship it to another place when I found reviews for them. They sound just as bad as the place I used and they were recommended by Flashmasters who a member here had good results with. I called them and they don't do repairs, but recommended SIA electronics. I came across their reviews and am not going to send it to them. I'm beginning to think there isn't a decent place to get this work done. I can't order one with my vin as the van was converted from cng to gas.

Old 10-28-2023, 09:17 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,211 Likes on 2,962 Posts

This has been a problem for quite some time... There simply ISN'T a 'reputable' company out there as far as PCM's go. One member here has had success with Solo PCM...... But, if you look, you can find bad reviews on just about ANY business..... When it comes to PCM's though, I tend to go local... order one thru my neighborhood parts store, that way, if there is an issue, I can talk to someone face to face, not via email, or over the phone.

Old 10-28-2023, 10:35 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

You might be able to just buy one outright from here.
Dodge PCM | Dodge ECM | Dodge ECU (fs1inc.com)

Last edited by alloro; 10-29-2023 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10-28-2023, 10:41 AM
jeffersonracing
Professional

A friend who runs a shop mentioned that NAPA sells them, but they didn't have any to sell and that was nationwide. I have come across a couple of repair places that seem to be better than the norm. It's the weekend now so I won't be able to confirm with anyone until Monday. Have alot of notes written down.

Old 10-31-2023, 06:42 PM
jeffersonracing
Professional

I found same year van with the same 5.2 at the pick and pull and was wondering what differences there are between different part numbers on the ecu. This van is a conversion van and I think it is a 1500 rather than 2500, but why would the ecu not work on my van? I also see there are alot of variance between the price on ecus' depending on the part number. I think it might be down to availability.

Old 11-01-2023, 06:14 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,211 Likes on 2,962 Posts

The last two letters of the part number simply indicate a 'revision number', software updates and such. If it's an entirely different part number...... it may or may not work on your truck.

Old 11-02-2023, 03:02 PM
ElkCon
Veteran
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffersonracing
I found same year van with the same 5.2 at the pick and pull and was wondering what differences there are between different part numbers on the ecu. This van is a conversion van and I think it is a 1500 rather than 2500, but why would the ecu not work on my van? I also see there are alot of variance between the price on ecus' depending on the part number. I think it might be down to availability.
You can try. I got home one time using a Grand Cherokee one out of a boneyard when I REALLY needed one. I was broke down 5 hours away.

FWIW the GC one - nothing worked except for the volt and oil guages. It RAN though LOL
I would give it a try.,.see if it works...if not send me the ECU - Ill take it

Old 11-02-2023, 04:23 PM
jeffersonracing
Professional

I just checked and the van's gone. It had been there quite awhile.

Old 11-03-2023, 09:53 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffersonracing
I just checked and the van's gone. It had been there quite awhile.
Check for a used ECU here...
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

Old 11-10-2023, 08:07 PM
jeffersonracing
Professional

Well that van popped up on the website again and went out today. but the ecu was gone. Also had a 2000 or so and the ecu was gone on it as well. I wonder if the pickups used the same ecu units. Alot more pickups in the yards than vans.

Quick Reply: ECU repair experience please