Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1999 dodge ram van 1500 prime time asking for help for everything lol

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2024, 10:25 AM
MKMcDonough
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@HeyYou , I have the same engine. No symptoms, but I'm curious what it means if oil is pooling in the intake manifold.

Old 09-01-2024, 11:25 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,397 Likes on 3,137 Posts

Intake is two pieces. Aluminum major housing, with a steel plate to seal the bottom. There is a gasket there that likes to blow out. Gives you a nice vacuum leak, which you won't find externally, and lets the engine suck in oil. If you see an excessive amount of oil in there, time to change that gasket. There are multiple 'kits' that come with an aluminum plate, new gasket, and new bolts..... I don't really care for the gaskets that come in the kits though.... I got a good fel-pro gasket. In all reality though, you don't need the plate either. The biggest issue is the bolts were too long, so you can achieve the proper torque, however, you don't get the appropriate clamping force, and the gasket blows out. A good quality gasket, and shorter bolts, or, just cutting the nubs off the existing ones, and you are golden. I did the hughes kit way back when.... intake was still clean 7 years later when I sold the truck.

Old Today, 12:07 AM
1500primetime
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here again 🤷🏿‍♂️

Code p1294 still coming on 🤬 have the pcv valve change , also transmission solenoid however you spell it change light came on again please help

Quick Reply: 1999 dodge ram van 1500 prime time asking for help for everything lol