Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

2004 Ram 1500 Quad Cab

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 04:45 PM
Rafter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Ram 1500 Quad Cab

Im looking to purchase a 2004 Ram 1500 Quad Cab and I need some info on Dodge.

From what I have been told and what I have heard, Dodge has problems
with there vehicles/trucks. I have heard things about there
transmissions, suspensions, etc. Dodge offers a 6 yr/80K mile
warranty which souncs good... but I have heard that they need to
offer this becuase there trucks fall apart.

Anyways, I need some info on Dodge trucks. Obviously, if you own
what I am interested in purchasing, please give me feed back. If
you love it, hate it, what problems you have had, Id like to
know.

Thanks in advance for the info!

Old 01-26-2004, 05:48 PM
lawntycoon
Professional

I Bought a ford f-150 lariat brand new in 99 and drove it 4 years with no problems.All my friends were buying them dodge ramsleft and right (7 friends to date)After talking with them I decided to check one out! In 06/03I test drove and researched dodges policy and warranty and figured what the heck I cant lose!!! I traded Myfordin fora new 03 silver 1500 QC 4.7 . My first Dodge and I drove the truck for 6 months and it gave me no problems but ?......I couldnt take it any more ! I just had to get rid of it ...for some people it is the right truck , but not for me. I felt like I neededA little more than the 4.7 provided So I tradedthat silver one for the silver 04 QC HEMI slt .....and guess what? hehehe Yes ! they were both the same color!!!! I did it for the HEMI. Everyone I seen never knew I traded. But Im satisfied...thats all I can say.. Today all these makers have made great gains on there trucks And they all have something(s) thats better to offer than the other. So What im saying is...you have to make the payment bud make sure its what you want!! ...As for me I could be driving any brand truck and I just about have!I havebeen pleased with my dodge(s). And even better? There are several forums that are dodge related and I have needed guidance on several issues and have recieved some outstanding advice from some extroardinary people! I think my profile and many others says it all !! thanks to them I could not have accomplished my goals .......And they do make you feel like....family...</P><edited><editID>lawntycoon</editID><editDate>38012.7931944444</editDate></edited>

Old 01-26-2004, 09:36 PM
mazz
Veteran

I had been a devout GM owner since I was 16 years old; Camaros, Vettes, Grand Prixs, and yes Silverados, and Sierras. I'm now 50. In October of 2003, I ordered my first Dodge Ram (Hemi of course). It is by far, the most satisfying new vehicle purchase I have made. I absolutely was skeptical, because I had heard the same issues. But I'll tell you something, you hear the same issues about Ford and GM. It just depends on whom you talk to and what their experience has been. It all adds up to what is commonly known as anecdotal evidence. In otherwords, it don't mean squat.</P>

I've had transmissions shell out on several GM products, and none of them was ever abused.Well I take that back, when I was in my late teens they were all abused. But it was clutches back then that went south on me.</P>

The dealership that I purchased my Ram from, also has locations that sell strictly GM products, so I know most of the people in management at the home dealer location. Their comments regarding Dodge and Chrylser were that vast improvements in quality, fit, and finish have been made by DC in the last few years, and that in many areas, they surpass even the General. That's not to say that DC no longer has problems, but again, they all do. I have found, thus far, a lot of your ownership experience depends on the relationship that you have with the dealership. Aside from that, I have found Dodge ownership to be fairly good to this point. The new 5-speed auto transmission seems to operate quite well in my Hemi, and I could not be happier.</P>

Old 01-27-2004, 05:42 AM
cloud9ms
Rookie

Exaclty like Mazz said, ALL the manufacturers have the same kinds of problems. Check out some of the other forums dedicated to the other car/truck makers. They have a complaint party forum on every one of them. Its funny how all manufacturers have thier slogan, "Built Ford tough", "Like a rock". In the end it is just marketing and plain old what you want to drive the most. I am not loyal to any one of them, its what ever makessenseto me in terms of style, and financing. Good luck! </P>

Old 01-27-2004, 11:52 AM
Rafter

Thanks for the info guys. I am still looking at buying a
dodge. Test drove one last night and it had to have been one of
the best trucks that i have drove to date. Rode alot better than
my 94 Ford F-150. Guess that comes with driving a new
truck.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:21 PM
rattdog1
Default RE: 2004 Ram 1500 Quad Cab

Can i leave " sea foam " "trans tune"in the transmission till my next fluid change? i put in a pint of it after a recent fluid and filter change in hopes it would help with hesitation at slow speeds...so far ive seen no change.... i own dodge ram 01 1500 k cab 318 5.9 completly stock....

Old 11-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Phx_Hemi

I purchased a 2004 QC 4X4 with Hemi - flame red 2 months ago from a friend that bought it new. It has 36K on it with no problems (knock on wood). I have had many vehicles from Camaros to blazers to Toyota 4runners and I have to say I love this truck. I have been converted to a "Dodge guy".

Buy the RAM...

PHX_Hemi

Old 11-17-2006, 11:36 PM
krazy_k0904

I own a 2004 1500 quadcab. I love my truck. The only problem I've had with it is the power steering rack leaking, which the warranty covered. I have plenty of towing power(I tow a 28.5 foot camper) and more interior room than I'll ever use.

Quick Reply: 2004 Ram 1500 Quad Cab