Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Who makes the best cold air induction kit for a 04 ram?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 07:13 PM
synseq
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who makes the best cold air induction kit for a 04 ram?

How much HP will it add and how much will it increase the gas mileage? Would a better air filter help too?

Old 03-23-2004, 07:22 PM
bearcat74
Professional
Default RE: Who makes the best cold air induction kit for a 04 ram?

Synseq,
I have an 03 with the 4.7 and gained about a mile to gallon after installing the CAI on the motor. Thats only when my right foot isnt in the stomping mode. I am running the AIRAIDE Air box and MIT(Molded Intake Tube). The were the best price I found and it seem to be comparable to the K&N setups I have had in my other vehicles. In general you can't go wrong with more air flow, it only helps...

Old 03-23-2004, 07:26 PM
synseq

ORIGINAL: bearcat74

Synseq,
I have an 03 with the 4.7 and gained about a mile to gallon after installing the CAI on the motor. Thats only when my right foot isnt in the stomping mode. I am running the AIRAIDE Air box and MIT(Molded Intake Tube). The were the best price I found and it seem to be comparable to the K&N setups I have had in my other vehicles. In general you can't go wrong with more air flow, it only helps...

Where can I order those? Do they have them for a 04 Ram? Does K&N have a FIPK kit for the 04 hemi rams?

Old 03-23-2004, 07:30 PM
bearcat74
Professional

http://www.airaid.com/300-125-1_dodge.asp

Try this web address and you can find a dealer through them.

Old 03-23-2004, 09:51 PM
synseq

http://www.airaid.com/300-125-1_dodge.asp

Try this web address and you can find a dealer through them.
Is there somewhere online to order it? Is the Volant cold air intake system any good?

Old 03-23-2004, 10:04 PM
bearcat74
Professional

The Volant is good so long as you can use the ram air tube. If you have the fog lights in your bumper you would have to remove the passenger side to utilize the tube. The newest Stylin Concepts Catalog has a picture of a Ram with out the Lights inside the cover. Otherwise you can also find a few different brands on their site. In the Airaid website they have a list of dealers in their site. On the left side of the window there is a link to dealers, online and local. I took the part number for the Airaid and plugged it into the Google search page and got the best price by looking through the pages that turned up through the search. This is good for finding the best prices on most items. I ended up buying mine through 4wheelparts.com. They also sold me my MIT and Poweraid TBS. If you need anything else, let me know I can do some searching on my end (I Search for parts all the time so I am getting good at this). Good luck and Drive Hard...

Old 03-23-2004, 10:15 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain

The Volant is good so long as you can use the ram air tube. If you have the fog lights in your bumper you would have to remove the passenger side to utilize the tube

Not sure where you heard this, the tube drops right behind the fog lamp to the right of the wheel well, drops about 3-4 inches lower than oem.

Synseq, I'm running Volant and I have zero complaints. Its most for sure the best looking Kit out there. All kits will produce the same gains or close to it anyway. I didn't go with K&N just because I wanted to try something new I've ALWAYS used K&N.

Old 03-23-2004, 10:19 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Just a note: More air flow IN won't do a whole lot of good unless you change your exhaust to allow for more air flow OUT. The human body is a good example....[sm=smiley12.gif]

Old 03-23-2004, 10:20 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain

NEVERMIND on the ram air tube, its the ram air scoop. I know what you are talking about. I still don't know where you heard that it only works with this... . I don't think I concur, it doesn't make sense

Old 03-24-2004, 12:53 AM
BigDave
Professional

Volant makes a Ram Air Scoop that connects to the inlet of your Volant Intake to the fog light hole in the OEM bumper on the new Rams.

Quick Reply: Who makes the best cold air induction kit for a 04 ram?