Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 01:40 AM
Deviousin10tions
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oil Change

Dustyloins you're right you don't see an SRT-4 it's an 2003 Jetta 1.8T Wolfsburg Edition with Nuespeed Chip, Kamakazee Exhuast, EVO billet Diverter Valve, American Racing intercooler, American racing Turbo timer, Stage II turbo controller, Eibach Lowering Kit, Hot Cams performance CAM. I didn't say it was equal I said it would take that bet.

Old 04-01-2004, 03:09 AM
Americanflyer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd recommend Amsoil and the Amsoil filter as well...not cheap, but great lubrication. I use the 5W-30 and change both at 12000 miles, although Amsoil allows 25,000 on the oil and 12000 on the filter.

Old 04-01-2004, 01:06 PM
sgbofav
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HemiBrian

So it would be safe to run the AMSOIL Synthetic oil on my first oil change which will be at 3000 miles and the AMSOIL oil filter SDF-15 or a K&N oil Filter.
I recommend the SDF-15. I have been changing oil in vehciles for 15 years and the Amsoil super duty filters work best by far. Here is a link to them if your interested. http://www.amsoil.com/products/sdf.html
here is a link to the XL7500 series oil (7500 miles or 6 months: http://www.amsoil.com/products/xl7500.html
and a link to the SAE series (1 year or 25,000 mile oil): http://www.amsoil.com/products/atm.html

On the second oil, Amsoil requires an oil filter change at 6 months or 12,500 miles and full replacement at 1 year or 25,000 miles. Both the filter change and oil change are "whichever comes first" (months or miles).

Be sure to order at least 1 extra quart when running the SDF filter because it is oversized. If you decide to try the SAE series, it is recommended to have 2 extra quarts for the oil filter replacement.

dustyloins,

Synthetic oil alone is worth 3 to 5 HP. If you had truck that ran synthetic oil, gear lube, and transmission fluid that would be good for 10 to 20 HP.

Old 04-01-2004, 01:11 PM
sgbofav
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Americanflyer

I'd recommend Amsoil and the Amsoil filter as well...not cheap, but great lubrication. I use the 5W-30 and change both at 12000 miles, although Amsoil allows 25,000 on the oil and 12000 on the filter.

I forgot to mention that you don't have to run your oil that far if you preferred not to. 3000 mile oil changes when usiing Amsoil woulld be very expensive.

Talk to Kale (syntheticsman) on his forum. he'll be glad to price it out for you.

Bill,

Quick Reply: Oil Change