Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Issues to date with 2002 Ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 02:39 PM
LadyRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Issues to date with 2002 Ram 1500

I don't know how I could not have mentioned the terrible noise when the windows are down. Our rule no windows down unless we are driving through the school zone or somewhere speed won't exceed 30 mph!!!!!

Old 04-15-2004, 04:54 PM
Rat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Issues to date with 2002 Ram 1500

ORIGINAL: LadyRam

I am curious if any one has had problems or issues similar to mine:
1. When shifting into reverse, the gear does not always engage and it either won't back up or makes a grinding noise
2. When weather and engine is cold , upon acceleration hear a whistling noise[]
3. The door and roof design - poor, water, snow and blowing dirt build up on top and when the door is opened water, snow and dirt fall either on your head, face, or seat of truck[>:]
4. Of course, lousy gas mileage[:@]
5. A lot of wind or highway noise makes me think the insulation stripping isn't adequate
6. I had the oil changed at Jiffy Lube and ever since have heard a hissing noise but only during acceleration; JL couldn't locate a cause and neither could the dealership

Don't get me wrong I love my truck. I guess I'm trying to determine how widespread some of these issues are and therefore, is Dodge aware of them and can they repair or resolve them.
Thanks for any feedback.
LadyRam
1 - Every morning I have this issue. Doesn't seem to happen to me when the truck is warm.

2 - Not me. Possibly due to my Volant CAI?

3 - Yup, design flaw [sm=smiley21.gif]

4 - 15.3 average (Fortunately my trip to work averages 40-50mph, so I'm probably the exception)

5 - No louder than my '99 Jeep GC.

Quick Reply: Issues to date with 2002 Ram 1500