Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Screwed on Ebay.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 10:31 AM
stump_breaker
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Screwed on Ebay.

Ahhhh, good old Ebay. You're lucky if someone can speak Engrisch weally well. I didn't get screwed like above but I did just buy some software "new without the box" and the seller "assumed since it did not have the box that I would know it did not come with a manual either". [:'(]

The price we pay to save a buck!.

Old 01-16-2006, 10:54 AM
fireman4427

also found this:phone cheats
phone numbers and such
HTH

Old 01-16-2006, 03:28 PM
GreyGhost
All Star

ORIGINAL: fireman4427

Truck- glad you got your $$ back, on a side note-- I have a set of Motto MT100's on my Ram, well in the garage for the winter, and am considering selling them.
here on the truck:
new wheels pic
fireman, do you have any closeups of the MT100's? I also checked out the Cragar SS link. I'm glad they finally created a 20inch SS. Those will be hot this year!

Old 01-16-2006, 04:38 PM
fireman4427

here's a link:
wheels have a small amount of overspray from the repaint after being stolen, should come off easily.
Motto MT100
also:pic 2

Old 01-20-2006, 04:25 AM
Racinfan83
All Star

TRUCK, there is a store in Luka, Illinois that sells oem "takeoffs", both wheels and tires. They have a website: http://www.tirestyres.com/trade/aa020387.html

They have good prices and they ship. Buddy of mine got a set of tires for his Ram for $250 new....

Old 01-22-2006, 08:05 PM
GreyGhost
All Star

Thx for the link.. I checked that site out yesterday. Kind of hard to navigate through but looks to have some good stuff. I'll be checking out later on when I have more time. Thx again.

Old 02-11-2006, 01:40 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

funny how the "getting screwed on EBay" story can go both ways... I have been selling on it since 1999 and I just sold a set of Chromed 18" Viper wheels to a guy in NJ. They had been sitting in the boxes, unopened since they came back from the chromers for the last couple of years doing nothing but gathering dust. Of course they were used wheels but they had never been mounted since being chromed, I stated this in the ad. So this guy ends up winning them for about $2100 after I had started them at like $800. I ship them out to him after his PAYPAL money is in my hands and then a week after they get delivered to the Dodge dealership he had me send them to he emails me back and says that one of the wheels is damaged and that he wants me to take it back and have it rechromed... OK I thought this could be possible but I want to see pics, so I tell him to send me pics of the damaged wheel ASAP or simply ship the wheels back to me and if they are in the same conditioon aas they were when shipped to him I would refund his money, he said that he wanted to keep the wheels though... time goes by and he emails me a couple more times asking me if I am going to do anything about it to which I reply the same way before... pics pics pics please. 3 weeks later he sends me a couple of pics of a small scuff on the wheel that he was complaining about and then demands that I fix it or he is going to EBay and PAYPAL. Right, so I call PAYPAL and have a nice discussion with them and they tell me since my ad never stated the actual co9ndition of the wheels as to being NEW or PERFECT that this guy is pretty much SOL. So I track this dude and his phone number down(the ebay contact info was not correct and neither was his phone number) and give him a ring and told him that since I never stated the conditiuon and so he cant expect these to be either perfect or brand new. I tell him that if he had wanted perfect brand new wheels that he should have gone to the dealership that he had me ship the wheels to and bought the wheels for the $800 each! that they cost and shipped them to Cali himself and had them chromed at a cost of about $250 a wheel for a total of $4000. And that since he got them at a steal price of $2100 so he should be happy because at this point in time that is all he is going to get. I suggested he try buffing the scuff out since it wasnt throught the chrome and have a good day, he said he would do that and if he couldnt fix it that he would ship the wheels back. Well, never heard from him again and I found out that he is just some really rich kid that expects to get everything his way all the time... I dont think so, Homie dont play that.

Moral of the story... dont think that you can screw the seller either just because you buy something and them realize that you didnt check the description accurately enough before going through with the deal. The devils in the details!

(the above is full of typing errors that I just dont feel like fixing)

Old 02-14-2006, 01:36 AM
GreyGhost
All Star

I know what you mean vipers.. I sell as much as I buy on Ebay. I actually have a set of Wrangler ST tires listed now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Goo...QQcmdZViewItem

I am usually very careful in how I list the items. My wife uses this ebay ID also and I stress to her to list the items with as much specifics as possible. We actually got screwed on Ebay AGAIN a few weeks ago!

We purchased a Baby Bed and supposedly a 3 drawer changer included in the auction. After paying, we were emailed from the seller stating that his auction was listed in error and that the bed was the only thing included. The manufacturer told him that they would not ship the changer out without additional funds. The seller basically told us "sorry, I screwed up but you're not getting anything else, I'm not Wal-Mart, I won't lose money on this!" So here we go again with Paypal and Ebay!

We went almost 3 years without any trouble on Ebay and the last few months weve ran into both of these Toadsucks!!

Quick Reply: Screwed on Ebay.