Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Screwed on Ebay.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 01:34 AM
GreyGhost
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screwed on Ebay.

Man, I thought I found a great price on a set of new 20 inch chrome OEM's. $650 bucks for (4) 20's with 200 miles on them, shipping included. I paid via paypal last Wednesday and received an email the next day stating that they would be shipped out the following day. I log on to Ebay Thursday morning to overlook the listing again and notice that the seller is no longer registered as an Ebay member. No history of prior ebay activity on the seller's id. I haven't heard from the seller since then. I've been an Ebay member for 4 years and haven't had this problem until now! Granted, the rims may be in the mail and I'll receive them tomorrow but I'm thinking the worse.

I plan on raising 4 kinds of hell with paypal and Ebay to find this "EDIT"!

Anyone had a similar problem and know where to start as far as getting some retribution?

Thx.....

Old 10-24-2005, 02:00 AM
4DrMopar
Captain
Default RE: Screwed on Ebay.

If it hasnt been 30 days, file with PayPal and file a fraud claim...
also,www.fraud.com or www.fraud.org

Old 10-24-2005, 02:06 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Yup, file claim with paypal if thats what you paid with. Otherwise I'd look into going through ebay. Even if he's not registered anymore they should still have his contact info. Hopefully things will work out for you. I'm in the process of a similar issue on ebay at the moment. Good luck!

Old 10-24-2005, 10:34 AM
GreyGhost
All Star

My biggest concern is that they used bogus information to register on Ebay with. One good thing is that their Bank Acct info has to be correct to sign up for a paypal account. I'm going to give it another day.... If I don't hear from them by this time tomorrow, it starts.

Thx for the info.

Old 10-24-2005, 11:43 AM
gpzjack
Veteran

Good luck. I got screwed on paypal last year and after 4 months i got less than half my money back. They said they can only give you what the person has in their paypal account....

Old 10-25-2005, 03:41 PM
RedRam225
Professional

hopefully you paid via a credit card. If you did contact your credit card company right away, they'll credit you back the full amount. I did this once when someone on ebay sent me a dead cd player. Pay pall got mad, but I told them that their recovery system was inferior. Your credit card company will reemburse the full ammount.

Good luck

Old 10-25-2005, 03:43 PM
CudaGuy

That sucks.. hope you get your cash back.

Old 11-01-2005, 12:24 PM
GreyGhost
All Star

Well, after letting this person know that I was serious about filing fraud claims and working with an attorney to get this taken care of, I finally received a response via email from the seller stating that they were out of state after the auction ended and was not able to access email.

The rims are supposedly in transit but stuck at a post office awaiting inspection from the post master. The boxes are dirty with what appears to be stained with oil which is giving the appearance that they are leaking hazardous materials. Likely story and I almost believe it as the person has been sending emails daily updating the status.

I told them if I don't have the rims in hand by end of week, I want a full refund. Waiting on a response...

If you guys and gals ever decide to make a big purchase on Ebay, Make sure you communicate with the seller before bidding and check their feedback ratings!! This may save you from having to go through the hell that I have on this one!

If I get these rims this week, they better jump out of the box sparkly clean and practically install themselves!!

Old 11-26-2005, 01:27 AM
GreyGhost
All Star

Never received the rims but did get a full refund thanks to Paypal's "fraud claim" process. Make sure you follow through with emails before sending money.. Alot of ******** out there that have no comprehension of decency! Another reason why the internet could possibly be history soon.....

Old 11-26-2005, 01:42 AM
4DrMopar
Captain

Another reason why the internet could possibly be history soon.....
WTF lol, areyou serious??? lol thats funy **** there...

Quick Reply: Screwed on Ebay.