Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

flowmaster or magnaflow for 03 quad 4.7

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 01:57 AM
ohscc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flowmaster or magnaflow for 03 quad 4.7

I have done a lot of reading on this website and still have doubts about which exhaust system to get. I started out on wanting only Flowmaster 40's (don't know what type: American thunder, super, or delta). However reading some post I noticed that some people are leaning toward magnaflow for their stainless steel materials used. I figured by posting now many of yall would be able to let me know what you think of your current system and what you have on.

I know I'm looking for a good amount of roar and I want 3 inch in and 2.5 dual out the rear.

Thanks for your help I know there have been a ton of exhaust questions b/c I tried to read everyone.

Old 04-23-2004, 03:06 AM
B][GT
Professional
Default RE: flowmaster or magnaflow for 03 quad 4.7

I myself am a DynoMax man, ive ran there Ultra Flo Welded for the last few years, and reaaal like the sound, its there when i stuff my foot in it, and at highway speeds, 2400rpm, its not there. I like that. I had a friend that put the American Thunder 3" on a camro of his, and, fo rthe first bit, it sounded ok, but then the baffles started vibrating, and now its got a steady ting to it, annoying, and sounds ricey almost. I will be going with the dynomax 3" in dual 2.5 out, stainless steel kit when they get it produced, i believe they are going to off three options, both tips passenger side, one each side, and both out the back, under the bumper. It will work with the 20's. I think its liek buying rims over the web, its hard, damn hard.. you need to be able to hear it, and at times the sound clips you do find, the mic overwelmed, or to close so its louder then it is. Best of luck, i hope i was helpful.

Old 04-23-2004, 10:06 AM
gpzjack
Veteran

I have the flowmaster cat back system and i am very happy with it. One of the reasons i bought it was the cost. I got it for $320 delivered from Summit. I put it on myself in the driveway. It has stainless tips that come out behind the rear wheels but if i wanted to i could run it out the back bumper if i pick up to straight lengths of pipe. As far as the sound goes i think its not too loud and sounds great when i get on it. As far as the pipes go this is my second flowmaster system with the aluminized pipe. My last system lasted over 10 years. I think i may try the magnaflow muffler some day but for now for the low price i got it for it was well worth it.

Old 04-23-2004, 11:50 AM
ohscc

Ok...I talked to two auto teachers at my old high school and they both advised me to get flowmaster. However one of the teachers said to get the delta series(which on the flowmaster website say they are quiter than regular 40's and improve gas mileage and horsepower), since the 40 is really loud. So if anyone with deltas 40's on or ever heard them please reply. I am looking for a strong and powerful sound but not loud enough to **** off neighbors.
What do yall think?

Old 04-23-2004, 11:36 PM
gpzjack
Veteran

I have the 40 series delta flow and i think its not too loud. At idle you realy wouldn't know its there. I guess because it idles so low. Once you get on it it gets loud but at normal driving i don't think its that bad. Hope this helps.

Old 04-24-2004, 12:49 PM
ohscc

Hey jack,
Would you have rather have gone with the pure 40's or does the delta put out what you were looking for....Also do you get any poping on decelleration?
Thanks

Old 04-25-2004, 01:19 AM
gpzjack
Veteran

I think i would like to try the regular 40s . I would like it a little louder. It doesnt pop during decel but it does make a funny noise from 1-2 when i hammer it from a standstill. Sounds like a huge Fart!!! LOL

Old 04-25-2004, 03:58 PM
RamRod02

I put on the MagnaFlow catback system on my '02 5.9L for about $320 out the door. Very nice sounding...even the guys who installed it for me said that was the sweetest sounding exhaust they've put on a car/truck yet. It has such a mellow and rich tone that makes you get chills because it sounds sooo pretty. He also carried the Flowmaster system as well but said that he sold more Magnaflows. I believe their website even has a couple of sound clips you can listen to for an idea of what their like.

Old 04-26-2004, 04:36 PM
ohscc

Well finally decided. Called a dual dealer for magna and flowmaster and he recommended flowmaster. So tomorrow I am going down to get my Delta 40 Flowmasters but in with duel exhaust 3in in and dual 2.5in out: All stainless steal. Any last comments....ill keep yall posted on what I think about them

Old 04-26-2004, 11:10 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain

I have the same Set up... I just heard the Hemi with 4 inch Pipes and it was SO loud... I want.

I love it.

Quick Reply: flowmaster or magnaflow for 03 quad 4.7