Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Taping into a headlight wire

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 02:56 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Taping into a headlight wire

a flasher is a flashing light as you say one of your "get out of my way lights" a takedown is like a spotlight its a bright light usaly if you have takewowns you have one pointing each way (front back right and left{sometimes the right and left are called alley lights}) so you wen you wanna see something or "take down somone" you have light to do so

Old 02-10-2006, 03:04 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ah ok thank you

Old 02-10-2006, 03:06 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

no prob be shure to post up some pics wen you get it all up and running (or even a vid) id like to see it

Old 02-10-2006, 03:21 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion

i have a vid of it from the night i put the light on it was just hooking the wires to the battery ro see how it looked i'll post that up after work if i remember. I'll also post the one of my cars setup lol

Old 02-10-2006, 12:30 PM
prerunner
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get the lightbars where the takedowns will also flash....but now your looking into alotta money.

I was considoring putting a lightbar on my truck (i do a lot of road blocking for work), but decided against it. The regular strobe/flash bars draw way to much when running full out. And would kill my battery within about 3 hrs. (my truck usually sits, with the lights running, for about 5 hrs.)

So i went with 2 whelen TIR3 LED's in the front (1 amp between the 2), 2 CODE3 LEDS on the roof (1/2 an amp between the 2), and 2 corner strobes in the back (4 1/2 amps between the 2). 2 switches....1 for all 4 leds, and 1 for the strobes. In total it pulls about 5 1/2amps...and my new battery will run 8.3 hrs on a 6 1/2 amp load.

Now i'm considering a directional LED.....but not to sure if i wanna dish out the money!!!!

Get us that video whenever u get a chance

Old 02-10-2006, 08:23 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion

OK heres some pics and vids
Before

After

Vid of truck -Edge bar (8 strobes, 4 flashers) Dash strobe and grill strobes
http://media.putfile.com/Edge-Bar

Vid of my Mustang - Head and tail strobes, dual dash strobe, micro thins in the grill and ocilasers in rear window[sm=yikesomg.gif] lol
http://www.mysterymachinegt.com/strobes.wmv

And BTW I think its like 2 of my rear flashers can steady burn guess thats what you are talking about

Old 02-10-2006, 10:32 PM
prerunner
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good.

The clear lenses on the front and back are considered your front and back Takedowns. The clear lenses on the sides are considered your Alley lights. Just another term for Spotlights
On most lightbars..the front and back Takedowns and alley lights will only do steady burn.....but some models allow you to have steady burn or flash on the front and back.
I like the newer LED lightbars now tho.....those dang things are bright!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2006, 11:45 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion

not reallty the front clears are more for attention getting. The only steady burn lights are the alleys and the ones in the rear.
The clears are really only allowed for people who run red lights like chiefs. I think the way its set up the 1 amber and 1 blue are the rear takedowns. Thats how all lights are sold here pretty much it maybe cause clear to the rear is illegal. I bought the light off the chief which had it red and clear all i did was swap out the reds for the blue

Old 02-10-2006, 11:54 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker

it all also depends on where you live here you can not have blue lights. the only pepole that can are cops. fire/rescue have clear/red same with amblunces, somone was saying (on a diff post i think) that there tow trucks had red lights and had right of way (running lights ect) here they only have amber and anyone can have amber its just a caution to get your attention i used to use amber lights (megnetic ones) wen i pulled a bin crane because it was so long and wen i turned it would go into the outher lane cuz the axle was in the center

Old 02-11-2006, 12:10 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion

yeah our tow trucks run amber. Cops run red and blue mixed. Fire trucks, amb are officers red. Firefighters are blue. The law says that blue can't be mixed with any other color ex. clear or amber. Most people if the do mix blue its with amber. Me I don't care so I kept the clear lol. See if anybody bitches lol. firefighters are also now allowed to use head and tail light strobes or dash strobes. Its suppose to be 1 light on the roof 360 degree visiablity. Again I laugh at that law lol

Quick Reply: Taping into a headlight wire