Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

MY RAM A COMPLETE POS LEMON?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 02:21 PM
brderj
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MY RAM A COMPLETE POS LEMON?!?!?

Wow sorry to hear that. You would think with that many problems they would give you a different truck or something. I would be pissed for sure. Take it to another dealer and see what they can do for you, after that drive it through the front glass at the other dealership. Tell them it was the alignment.

Old 05-27-2004, 02:48 PM
Matrix04
Rookie

this is for dodgemech and badstrat, i have been into the dealer 5 times for the same steering problem, and have contacted lawyers who said this is a case, and yes i know what going out of alignment means, and thats what the dealer calls it also, so maybe you should have a little more respect before you talk down to people, the vehicle qualifies under 1 section of the lemon law and most likely will qualify under the 30 cumulative days at the dealer also soon, and for the person who so wisely reminded us the policies of the lemon law, its 4 times for the same problem not 3, and no they werent complaints, they were actual services where the dealer found a problem and performed repairs

Old 05-27-2004, 08:18 PM
DallasRam

It takes thousands of people and machines to make ONE Ram truck, so how can one member of DF have all the answers. You guys get soooo mad at each other and make this a competion. WTF! Chill out.

Listen man, I have an 03 ram and I thought I would have to follow throught with the lemon law crap but the dealer fixed it right after I threatened them pretty good. My problem was that an exhaust valve #3 was stuck and it blew out all kinds of technical stuff, they fixed it and two days later the other side #7 did the exact same thing. So I had two dealership documented repairs on the same exact thing. I called Chrysler and demanded a new truck or $25,000 to cover my loan, they basically said "f -off, we chose to repair " So that one guy is right about 3 times is a charm but all the other stuff, well I don't know what to tell you. Good Luck

everyone should back off with the B.S. towards people who have questions!!! Quit trying to be an expert or out do the previous person and just help people out. We all have Bad-*** trucks and should stick together.

Old 05-27-2004, 09:34 PM
Matrix04
Rookie

dallas ram i think ur missing the point its a brand new truck that has been brought in 8 or 9 times in 4 months! And no they cant seem to fix the problem, when you enforce the lemon law you dont tell chrysler, you call a lemon law lawyer who does it for you at no cost to you, we have talked with the dealer many times, they cant figure it out, so im not going to wait around for them to get their heads out of their asses, i purchased a truck in new condition, and did not get that, that is why the lemon law is around, and no, that one guy is not right, if you read it, it is 4 times serviced for the same thing not fixed

Old 05-27-2004, 09:36 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree... take advatange of the law that's there to help you.

~Amanda

Old 05-27-2004, 10:23 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ive never had problems with any of my dodges, and there has been alot of them. while i havent had to take my rt to the dealership for anything, i do see your point. like i said, i wasnt trying to be critical of you.

Old 05-28-2004, 12:17 AM
Matrix04
Rookie

ok i forgive you! lol

Old 05-31-2004, 01:20 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matrix, I'm not going to have an argument with you about this but I have personally been involved with dozens of buy-backs(I used to be one of the buy-back techs for our zone). My point was to let somebody else try before shipping it off. Also the biggest problem with dealerships today is they just take the customers word that there is a problem and try to fix something to make them happy. I tell people "I'm sorry you just spent 30K on a truck" "it still isn't broke". If dealers would just stand up to customers and explain that it is a TRUCK and will have some "annoying" things that cars don't then we wouldn't have half the CSI problems we do now. PS it's 30 days down for same repair not combination of repairs.

Old 05-31-2004, 01:38 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Yep, I've never driven a truck that didn't have a squeak or rattle and I accepted it because of what the vehicle was. Too many people buy trucks expecting them to drive, handle, have the same comfort level, and get as good gas mileage as a car. Then they blame the dealer....

My SRT-4 wouldn't beat a SuperBooBoo WRX STi when I bought it, but I knew that when I bought the car and have modded it accordingly...and I don't blame DCX. [&:]

Old 05-31-2004, 04:18 AM
03ramhemi
Professional

Hey Dustyloins, if all you have in mods is what you have listed, I Highly doubt that your SRT-4 can beat a STi. You have w/the mods about, what, 230, as where an STi has 300 and AWD, also about the same weight. I understood you were saying that yours will now beat an STi.

Sorry to get off subject. On our '03 Hemi, we just have 3 BIG rattles,which can probably be fixed at the dealer, and had the whole stereo deck raplaced, because it wouldn't work properly all the time. Other than that, great truck. We also have an '03 Audi A4 which had some problems in the beginning(now fixed, and GREAT car, w/o rattles!) so we checked out the lemon law, and yes, its accumulative of 30 days in the shop regarding the SAME problem.

Hope it all gets resolved, best of luck!

Quick Reply: MY RAM A COMPLETE POS LEMON?!?!?