Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

MY RAM A COMPLETE POS LEMON?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 09:22 PM
HemiRam03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MY RAM A COMPLETE POS LEMON?!?!?

Both mine and my best friends do that and have done it since they were new. Alot of people dont notice it but the people who are really meticulous notice it thats why some people will say theirs doesnt do it but they all do.

Old 06-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Palm
Professional

I have seen most of these complaints posted here before, it seems that this is a problem, or at least, a perceived problem with some people. I'm speaking specifically of the banging noise when shifting, and the ticking noise from the engine. I have no reason to doubt that some people have this happen, but I have never experienced either situation. I think I am just as likely to notice this as anyone would be, and it just does not happen with my truck.

As far as the other problems that Matrix related, alignment, power steering groan, or anything else, my truck has had none of these problems. In fact, I am driving my third Dodge truck, having owned two Dakotas previously and have had real good service from them. I did have to take the 97 Dakota back to the dealer one time because the transmission refused to go into overdrive. The dealer promptly fixed a problem that they said existed from the assembly of the transmission, and I never had any more problems. That's the only trip back to the dealer that any of my trucks has made.

Having said all that, I know where Matrix is coming from, if I had paid the good money for my truck and had the experience that he has had, I would be bent out of shape also. It is apparent to me that the technicians at his dealership just are not properly trained, and he should take the advice that many have given him to seek out another dealer to take it to.

I would like to say, further, that I appreciate contributors on this board such as JCswm and other Dodge mechanics that post here. I have seen some good advice given and have no reason to doubt their capabilities. Knowing how complex the new engines and systems are on new vehicles I would never demean their occupation, one that would simply does not understand the complexity of today's vehicles.

One other thing, the scratch and mis-alignment of the fender that Matrix spoke of brings up a good point. That is, make a good physical examination of your vehicle, not only when you buy it, but also after it has been to the dealer for service. Check it BEFORE you leave, not after. When I purchased my truck, I had to take it back in later to have some additional equipment installed. Before leaving the dealership, a walk around the vehicle disclosed a fairly good dent in the tailgate. I promptly showed this to the service manager, and he had my tailgate replaced with a new one. If I had left without seeing this, I don't know how much trouble it might have caused.

Old 06-09-2004, 11:40 PM
gpzjack
Veteran

I have to laugh about the five star dealer thing. I have a chrysler t&c from a five star dealer and they are the worst. They are ignorant to me and my wife and have been terrible at dealing with even the smallest of issues with the van. I have turned in all nasty surveys to chrysler. As far as my ram goes i got it from a dealer an hour away and it was worth the drive.

Old 06-09-2004, 11:48 PM
Jash927

Isn't PSHHHHH the sound a twelve year old girl makes when you **** her off?

I have an 04 quad cab and luckily had no problems, but I would be pissed if I dropped all that cash and got a piece. Did you or maybe your wife hit something to mess up the front end? You know how women can't drive. LOL Amanda

Old 06-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Matrix04
Rookie

nah i havent hit anything and im not married, only 18, but when i got home from picking it up, the front left fender wasnt aligned and had a rub in the paint, could have possibly messed up the front end. I took it back and they painted that spot and adjusted the fender. I agree about the 5 star dealer thing, thats where we got it from and i feel the same way, ive taken it to another dealer and if they cant fix it im just gonna lemon it, the 5 star dealer told me a large clunk in the transmission and drive shaft is normal, and i find it hard to beleive that the person who designed the drivetrain intended for this to happen because they would be unable to sell cars. It qualifies for the lemon law plus many other services on other things on it so if its not fixed after this time i think i may just lemon it.

Old 06-12-2004, 02:36 AM
therenderfarmer

This is for 04GTX....

I just got my Hemi 2 days ago and have the same little ticking noise I believe. It's constant and in time with the running of the engine so I'm assuming it's legitimate running of the engine. If you hear anything else by all means let me know!

[8D]

Quick Reply: MY RAM A COMPLETE POS LEMON?!?!?