Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

MY RAM A COMPLETE POS LEMON?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Matrix04
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY RAM A COMPLETE POS LEMON?!?!?

ok ive got an 04 quad cab ram with the hemi. When i shift from park to any gear i get a bang noise, the dealer says it is the parking dog (been over it with dealer transmission mechanic many times), but i am still skeptical, he says its common on the new rams which sounds like a bunch of bs to me but whatever onto the next problem, my alignment will not stay in the same place, first i went in and had it aligned, then i had it aligned again, then i had a gear in the steering replaced because they said it had the wrong rack and pinion, but again it went out of alignment, now i took it in and they rotated all of the tires because they said it was tire bias, but it has still gone out of alignment, im about ready to take it back again. Another time i took it in because the car pulled when i pushed on the brakes, they said there were two different consistancy of brake pads in it causing the problem and replaced them, that was fixed. Next when i first got the car i got home and noticed that the front bumper had a huge scratch in it and the fender was not aligned making the hood look funny, i took it back and they fixed it after two trys. I just spent $32k on this thing and am becoming increasingly frustrated. Im in california where i can enforce the lemon law and the car easily more than qualifies, has anyone else had similar expieriences/problems and should i ask them to enforce the lemon law or keep bringing it back? I think that totals 8 trips to the shop in 4 months.
Also the power steering seems to groan when going slow or sitting still, i know this is relatively normal, but it seems to be going from a vibration to a groan and getting louder.

Old 05-26-2004, 08:08 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: MY RAM A COMPLETE POS LEMON?!?!?

WOW... If you were to lemon law it... would you buy another?

~Amanda

Old 05-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Vader
Champion

Man, sounds like you got a bad one. I have not read too many complaints on the 04's. If you have brought it back three or more times for the same reason and the dealer has not taken care of the problem, then lemon law it and get another one.

Old 05-26-2004, 11:38 PM
JC
Professional

I've had -0- problems with my '04.. I'd try a different dealer? Did that with my ford.. They fixed it up the right way real quick..

Old 05-27-2004, 12:22 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tranny noise is normal. I get it from time-to-time. I've not had an alignment problem with mine, or any problem for that matter. Sorry to hear about it. Maybe you should try another dealer. If that doesn't work you might the arbitration board. Good luck.

Old 05-27-2004, 01:01 AM
dodgemech
All Star

Just to clarify AGAIN, for those who don't know yet. The lemon law is to help consumers with cars that have had a DEALER VERIFIED problem that have TRIED TO FIX AT LEAST 3X. That doesn't mean you have complained about it, just problems they have attempted to repair. The arbitration board will also ask you try a different dealer to see if maybe the one you are dealing with isn't up to the task of fixing your problem.

That said, the trans is normal, the brakes had a TSB launched about pad material-its been fixed correct? Tires do alot of time get what is called "radial pull" where a tire causes the vehicle to pull one way or another(not really the trucks fault). Bumber/hood align and scratch are not Dodges' responsibuility, and please explain what "going out of alignment" means. How do you know its out of alignment, does it pull?

Just don't want to see you get rid of a great truck because of a bad dealer.

Old 05-27-2004, 02:19 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a great truck dodgemech? i thought you hated dodges...

anyway...i find that with many people, they find "alignment" to be a sort of cure all. from tire wear, to pulling, to vibrations. anytime the vehicle does anything that doesnt seem engine related, morons seem to turn to alignment. im not calling you a moron, just most of my customers. i hate doing alignments because about 75% of the time, there is nothing wrong, and ive wasted my time. alot of corporate shops offer free alignment checks, so maybe try that. however, stay and watch if they wil let you. some shops offer free checks, and say "we wont charge you unless we have to adjust something. but i am commission, and if i dont find anything...i dont get paid. and the same goes for most corporate techs, so always watch when its something liek that.

Old 05-27-2004, 02:58 AM
BigDave
Professional

Okay, I'm not being a wise guy, but this fix has help several folks on several boards: When shifting into gear, place your foot "firmly" on the brake. The clunk has dissappeared for everyone so far.

I've got an 04 & had two problems: the clunk & the tick. Both fixed, & never been back to the dealer since my purchase.

Good Luck.

Old 05-27-2004, 05:16 AM
04GTX
Rookie

not to get off topic but when i'm sitting still, i notice that the engine makes alot of noise, kinda like lifter ticking and is really noisy, haven't heard any other hemi's so i don't know if it's normal?

Old 05-27-2004, 12:42 PM
moparturd
Banned

They all make that tick noise. That's the Hemi's teeth sharpening themselves in anticipation of it's next meal. They prefer GM products.[sm=lol.gif]

Quick Reply: MY RAM A COMPLETE POS LEMON?!?!?