Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

MY RAM A COMPLETE POS LEMON?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 08:09 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: MY RAM A COMPLETE POS LEMON?!?!?

I'm not going to letting this "shouting match" go on any further... be nice, everyone, post nice and take all info and opinions with a grain of salt... if you can't keep your cool when asking for help or offering it, I'll simply close this thread.

I'm not going to let on what side I'm on with this one... just be nice or else I'll end it. Thanks!

~Amanda

Old 06-01-2004, 08:40 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amanda, I emptied my salt shaker and my jar of garlic on this one....(yech!) and I don't own a Ram!!! No more "PSSSHHHH's" out of me.....(maybe a quiet hiss now and then....)
[sm=smiley32.gif][sm=smiley27.gif][sm=smiley32.gif]

Old 06-02-2004, 01:13 AM
BigDave
Professional

DustyLoins,

Are you over 50? Nobody spells PSSSHHHH like that anymore. [sm=smiley2.gif]

Please ignore my comments, since I must ignorant, due to my lack of understanding of the acronym BOV. (Compund complex sentence: Introductory clause, main clause, subordinate clause) What's a BOV? (Simple interrogative sentence) (The last part was a serious question.)

DodgeMech,

Exactly how much is cr@p pile more $$$? $10k? $20k? Are taking action from only idiots or all takers? My Hemi is only my 4th monthly vehicle payment: New Holland - $543.41, Lincoln - $736.49, Infiniti - $725.82, Dodge - $513.78. At least I'm paying cash for my mods. Wait a minute, I'm one of those idiots. [sm=lol.gif]

Matrix04,

You didn't write how old you were, or where the (Toyota?) Matrix came from. Dusty was half right, wasn't he? [sm=smiley25.gif]

Back to subject

Anyway, did my pressing the brake firmly while shifting advice work? If you are looking for help, let us know if we are helping. If you are whining, please whine to someone who cares. [sm=smiley21.gif]

Amanda,

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Please delete if you like. [sm=smiley8.gif]

Old 06-02-2004, 01:24 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

ORIGINAL: BigDave
What's a BOV?
Blow Off Valve... and PSSSHHHHH is the sound it makes...

~Amanda

Old 06-02-2004, 01:30 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

Amanda,

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Please delete if you like. [sm=smiley8.gif]
Won't delete, I'll just erase the entire frickin' thread, how's that instead?

~Amanda

Old 06-02-2004, 03:16 AM
RcBandit28
Captain

I have to add my two cents. I work at a Dodge Dealer as well...worked in just about every position in the service Dept. I love it when people buy a new car and come in a week later saying their new ram doesn't drive like the Ford they traded it...DUH! Customers should learn not to 2nd guess mechanics, they know what they're doing, espeically at five star dealers. Matrix...I'm not saying your truck isn't broken, but try another dealer like half a dozen other people have suggested in this thread! Don't take the most drastic step first, give another dealer a shot, you may....just may be surprised, they might fix your truck, and you'll fall right back in love w/it like the day you took it home from the "other" dealer.

Old 06-02-2004, 03:46 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DodgeMech,

Exactly how much is cr@p pile more $$$? $10k? $20k? Are taking action from only idiots or all takers? My Hemi is only my 4th monthly vehicle payment: New Holland - $543.41, Lincoln - $736.49, Infiniti - $725.82, Dodge - $513.78. At least I'm paying cash for my mods. Wait a minute, I'm one of those idiots. [sm=lol.gif]
LOL, only those who insult the proffession you all are so dependent on to keep these vehicles running correctly.

PS whats a new Holland, and 736/mo for a Lincoln-must be a Navigator(we sell alot) but usually they go for 0.0%/60 mo so I'm guessing you got in on one of the 0 down deals too huh.

Old 06-02-2004, 04:05 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stella and Amanda-this thread is no place for a lady, or a couple of ladies. Y'all should close your eyes when scrolling past this thread.

Old 06-02-2004, 01:13 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

I'm just tired of bickering about silly stuff. Everyone can state their opinion, but when everyone's panties get in a twist and the defensiveness comes out, it's all uselsess.

I've worked in lots of dealerships... heard it ALL, seen more then I care to share... mechanics aren't out to screw everyone, they make their money fixing YOUR cars. I've been ripped apart by ticked off customers MANY times... and never, NOT ONCE, was it MY fault YOUR car broke.

Please take some advice, take it to another dealer and get a second opinion instead of jumping all over people here. You asked for advice, which means good AND bad responses in your opinion. But YOU asked, so don't yell at the people who offer advice, it just makes them not want to help you the next time around. (Good advice for dealing with people IN the dealership too.)

~Amanda

Old 06-03-2004, 01:11 AM
BigDave
Professional

DodgeMech,

The 2002 New Holland is 33hp 4x4 diesel tractor that set me back about 22K after all of the attachments were added to the bill. Only two payments left, yoohoo! The Lincoln is a 2001 LS V8, with only one more year of payments. I went with 4yrs at 0.9%, but they made the first payment, so it ended up -0.1%. The Dodge is at 0.0% for 4yrs.

If people keep giving me these ridiculus interest rates, I'm not paying cash.

Quick Reply: MY RAM A COMPLETE POS LEMON?!?!?