Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Please recommned a spray-in bedliner

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 04:03 PM
airbrat
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please recommned a spray-in bedliner

Is there one brand that stands out from the rest? How much should I expect to spend?

Old 06-03-2004, 05:07 PM
slvrmagnum
Professional
Default RE: Please recommned a spray-in bedliner

Do you want colormatched or regualar black?

Old 06-03-2004, 05:08 PM
B12Teuton
Professional

"herculiner" for $90 do-it-yourself from Pep-Boys

Have seen excellent results! It's a roll on not spray on. You just use a paint roller thingy. We put it in my friends Ranger and it has seen a lot of use and abuse with no real sign or wear. And if you do ever damage it, you'll have enough left over for touch-up work.

We haul dirtbikes around a lot and the only thing that ever happened to the liner was a scuff from one of the kick stands. Was easy to touch up.

Old 06-03-2004, 05:09 PM
Selecter

I sure like my Line-X job. I compared Rhino and Line-X and I liked the Line-X look better, so thats what I got. They are both franchises so they set their own pricing. My over the rail job cost me 420 with a 20 dollar discount coupon you can get offa the web.

It's really a matter of what look you like better. I like the fine grainyness look of line-X so I got it. One is just as tough as the other I think

Old 06-03-2004, 05:13 PM
mikebol
Veteran

I put LineX in my truck, it is really hard and durable. I've hauled 3 loads of dirt, 4 loads of gravel, 1 load of river rock and 5 loads of mulch. I hand shovel everything out of the truck and cannot find a mark on the LineX. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Mike

Old 06-03-2004, 05:18 PM
mikebol
Veteran

One more thing, I get all of my stuff from a bulk landscape supply shop. They load me up with a Bobcat and there is nothing gentle about dropping a couple of buckets of river rock into the bed.

The guy has finally stopped asking me if I'm really sure I want him to load <ProductOfTheDay> into such a nice looking truck.

Old 06-03-2004, 05:25 PM
sreitz

I have to agree with the line-x recomendations. I don't know about do it yourself stuff. Linex has such a nice finished look, and I dont have to worry about touch ups because of its durability. They even guarentee it for as long as you own it. My guy even told me to come back for free minor touchups if anything goes wrong. I guess he figures if he treats me this well, Ill come back with more money for my next truck, and he's right. You'll spend a lot..I think mine was just under 400?.....maybe 425? But it really looks sharp.

Old 06-03-2004, 05:34 PM
B12Teuton
Professional

The do it yourself stuff is actually a lot better than you'd think. I'd say it is comparable to the Line-x I've seen. Certainly looks just as clean and costs $300 less.
I'm just a DIY type. This is certainly not a job for you is you've never done good masking work (tape). But in the end, the job is done right. You can even apply it double thick if you are worried about it.

Only thing I forgot to mention above: along with the dirtbikes comes gas and oil spills along with a few other harsh chemicals, none of which had any effect on the Herculiner.

http://www.herculiner.com/

Old 06-03-2004, 09:08 PM
glock45
Professional

I have the Rhino liner in my truck, have had it for two years and havent been nice to it. Between camping equipment, yard supplies, making runs to the dump, and moving a ton of people it has held up like a champ.

Old 06-03-2004, 11:11 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

yea id have to say Rhino liner because i kno alot of guys who have them and have heard no problems with them and these guys are really abusive to their beds

Quick Reply: Please recommned a spray-in bedliner