Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

need some advice on exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004 | 06:08 AM
dodgeram56
|
Rookie
Default need some advice on exhaust

i have decided i am going to go with a magnaflow muffler at least

i have two options one is to buy a cat back system from magnaflow and the other is to get a magneflow muffler and get a custom exhuast at a local shop

i found an exhaust which i think is an ok deal if i decide on that route but i would liek ur opinions on the system
here is the description
3.9L V6, 5.2L/5.9L V8, Dual Exhaust 15771 reg price: $616
Ext. Cab/Short Bed,
5x8x18" Muffler, 3" & 2.5" Tubing, Rear Exit, 3.5" Tips sale price: $418
and it is on the link http://www.hopupracing.com/macatbaexsyd.html

no wi also neecd some opinions of the custom exhaust route i cant decide which tips to go with i kinda like the dual rolled oval/ angle cut tips http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/tips/truck.htm but i dont know how that would look on a dual exhaust rear exit truck so i would like ur opinions also i like the rolled tips so any opinions on those would be helpful

ps. i dont know hwo to put pictures on here so ull have to use the links
thnx
Jesse

Old 06-27-2004 | 07:36 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker
Default RE: need some advice on exhaust

Looks like the price is going to be about the same, weither you go kit or custom. The only other things I can bring up is that mufflers weigh quite abit, high shipping. And for the custom is sales tax. The nice thing about custom shop is that you can get them to weild the pieces together. I did a mail order kit on another truck, and there was what started out as a pin hole leak that turned into a quarter size within the first year. I Hope this a lil.

Old 06-28-2004 | 05:31 AM
sudadog

That price looks a little steep to me
I got a 40 series Flowmaster cat back dual exhaust w 3" pipes installed at a local shop for $350.

Old 06-28-2004 | 05:33 AM
Chauncy
Rookie

I can get it done for 240$, including tips, muffler, and labor

shop around imo

Old 06-28-2004 | 07:00 AM
Matrix04
Rookie

theres no purpose on changing the pipes in the hemi, its already got 3 inch, just put a new muffler on, if anyone tells you they are charging you to change to 3 in pipes you should be very suspicious, i got the whole job done with chrome tip for 210

Old 06-28-2004 | 03:48 PM
haynes1111

I am interested in getting a more throaty sound from my Hemi. I am 44 yrs old I don't want it to be excessively loud but want to hear it. Would prefer to replace just the exhaust for the sound. Don't really need more HP ect. What exhaust would everyone suggest? Should it be stainless steel? Would also like a polished tail pipe in stainless still. Would a different exhaust void the warrenty?

Old 06-28-2004 | 03:50 PM
Chauncy
Rookie

Flowmaster 50 series with stock piping and a nice tip shouldn't be too bad, however for looks and a little better sound in my opinion have them dual it out after the muffler with two tips, but it's up to you

Old 06-28-2004 | 03:54 PM
haynes1111

How about the warranty? Where is the best place online to purchase?
Thanks,
Haynes

Old 06-28-2004 | 04:01 PM
Chauncy
Rookie

personally I'd stay away from doing this online and go to a muffler shop, and as long as a professional installs it it won't void the warranty

however, if anything goes wrong and it can be blamed on the muffler Dodge won't cover it, like, for instance, the muffler rattles and dodge determines that's what it is, they'll either charge you or send u to a muffler shop

Old 06-28-2004 | 08:17 PM
haynes1111

I found the Flowmaster 50 at http://store.summitracing.com/

part # FLO-843050

Would this be the one I would use for my Hemi?
What tip should I use?
Thanks for any help.
Haynes

Quick Reply: need some advice on exhaust