Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia
View Poll Results: A poll
Nissan "The toolbox" Titan
48.86%
Ford "Tonka" F-150
11.36%
Chevrolet Silverado
21.59%
Toyota Tundra
11.36%
Dodge Ram (Just for being fair)
4.55%
Chevrolet Cheyenne Concept
2.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Ugly truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 06:15 AM
yawgom
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ugly truck

Just about some facts about the body of those trucks, which is a very important factor.....

I've read a test about the torsional properties, it consisted in apply certain amount of force to the bare body of all tthe full size pick ups, and the results were.....

Dodge Ram 1 inch
Ford F-150 0.5 inch
Chevrolet Silverado 2.5 inches
Toyota Tundra 6 inches!!!!

(obviously less torsion is the best)

Old 08-31-2004, 06:18 AM
yawgom
Rookie

And besides, Im in love with my Ram Hemi engine, that was one of the most important things that I considered when I was looking for my truck, I've already drove the Nissan Titan and doesnt feel well, I think that was developed for granny drivers. In the Titan you dont sense the Hp they say it have, diferent thing with the ram.

Old 08-31-2004, 05:33 PM
SOMZ28

ORIGINAL: mikegonzo

Go ahead, buy the Titan. I or the other TRUE American truck drivers will tow you when you break down for sure. That's a certainty.

I am a Titan owner, and it doesnt bother me one bit that you all think they are ugly as looks is very subjective. Of course you arent going to find to many Ram owners that think their truck is ugly...they bought one! I do take offense that you think that drivers of Titan are less "American or patriotic" than if we bought one from the big 3. Let me inform you something, I was born and raised it the US and am serving it proudly in the USAF for over 12 years and counting. What have YOU done to prove you're a "true" American truck driver (as you put it)?

Old 08-31-2004, 07:42 PM
yawgom
Rookie

You put it backwards, we do not think that the Ram is a good looking because we bought it, but we bought it because we liked how it looks, personally I think that is the most intimidating truck in the market, and has the best engine of its class, so... the choice is not difficult. The Titan is an ugly POS, and it seem small side by side with a Ram.

Old 08-31-2004, 08:07 PM
LoNeWuLf
Record Breaker

i kno its an ugly conest... but i like the look of the tacomas..

very sweet.

Old 08-31-2004, 11:12 PM
TitanIam

ORIGINAL: yawgom

...we do not think that the Ram is a good looking because we bought it, but we bought it because we liked how it looks...
Even Titan owners would agree with that statement. See best looking truck: http://www.titantalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14891

New Ford F150 owners also base their purchase on looks. Having test driven all the big 3 have to offer and the Tundra, I personally think the Ford F150 has the best interior and the Ram the best looks. The Tundra has the best quality but it was easy to see why the Titan has won out in every magazine shootout. It simply a better truck than the rest.

The Titan is built in America by Americans and has a higher local content than any of the big three, including the Daimler owned Dodge Ram. []

Old 08-31-2004, 11:28 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Here we go again.....

Old 08-31-2004, 11:30 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here we go again.....
I don't see a need to go down this road again. I know I'm right.

[sm=trust_me.gif]

Old 08-31-2004, 11:37 PM
SOMZ28

ORIGINAL: yawgom

...and has the best engine of its class, so... the choice is not difficult. The Titan is an ugly POS, and it seem small side by side with a Ram.

Who says it has the best engine in its class? Last time I checked busted valve springs doesnt qualify as a good thing. Titan may be ugly, but is the furthest from a POS. I think a good definition of POS would a brand new vehicle that leaves you stranded, kinda like some of those Hemi owners that had that exact thing happen to them (not bashing, just putting things in perspective)!

You other statement about the Titan "seems" small compared to the Ram. Check the numbers there are within 1" in all exterior dimensions.

Lets get down to what they are for, being trucks. The Titan has a greater payload capacity, and MUCH great towing capacity! If you want to argue speed, I really dont care because it is a truck. Though I have a Z28 that would be more than happy to oblige you.

Old 08-31-2004, 11:54 PM
TitanIam

ORIGINAL: mikegonzo

... Smart buyers buy what is quality... Nissan Titan's are built by Americans ...Go ahead, buy the Titan. ...
I wanted the Fastest and Best Looking truck..I bought my Black RAM HEMI.
What can I say. You win. You have the best looking truck.

Quick Reply: Ugly truck